Refinishing a Taurus PT92

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Buzz, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I posted this over at THR but hoope there are some opinions here as we obvioulsy have similar taste in guns :D :

For sentimental reasons I have just picked up a used Taurus PT92. A PT92 served me well for years, and I decided to replace the one that I sold. The one that I bought was very inepensive due to cosmetic issues limited to a good amount of blue loss due to holster wear and some very light pitting on a few small places on the slide. I would like to refinish the gun from top to bottom and am willing to put more into the gun that one normally would at that pricepoint. I want an attractive, durable and rust resistant black finish but would prefer not to spend a ton of money. A couple of questions.

First, which finish will provide what I'm looking for and who will do a good job applying it? Second, in general, is the light pitting something that I need to deal with before I send the gun off, or will the refinisher deal with it?

Thanks for any advice or info.

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Thanks Heavy, Mac's is EXACTLY what I was looking for at the price that I was hoping for.

Buzz