Redsteel(Steyrs in video games now)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Zoueh, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Zoueh

Zoueh Guest

I was playing redsteel(a video game for nintendo wii) and I noticed a gun that look like a Steyr M-A1. In the game it is called a M40. It is one of the best guns in the game and one of the hardest to get. Just thought some of you might enjoy this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

That is really cool. Its the original M40, and its modeled really damned good. Looks like they spent a lot of time on the details. I wonder if its a 10 or 12 round magazine?

Nice find!

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Great find Zoueh!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

...Actually, it appears to me to be the NEW "A1" frame with the older "M" series non-rail mounts dropped into the "A1" rail....

I think they had one of each and used some details from both to generate the one you see in the game....

...unfortunately, I only have the PS3, and no Wii..... So maybe I'll get to try the game at a later date....

4. smores

smores Guest

WHAT!?!?!?!

I have a Wii (well, it's at my gf's house ATM) but I passed over this game. However, now that they have my favorite pistol in it I might have to check it out ;)

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very cool find! Is it a pretty good game? I just might have to go out and get a Wii in honor of this discovery. :twisted:

6. smores

smores Guest

Oh, one thing I noticed is that the frame of the gun is skinned incorrectly. Unless there's an ambi-slide lock and takedown lever version ;)

But if you look closely, you can see the safety actuator tabs. I guess it is more of an M40, with a mostly A1-looking frame.

But hey, we should be grateful. At least the trap sights are captured in their full glory (as well as the LCI on the rear of the slide, I'll be watching to see if it's functional in the game) ;)

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Decent replica, but it looks like it would weigh 6 lbs.

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

we can nitpick the execution, but i think it's great that they designers of the game inserted the steyr at all.

who knew that game designers could have such good taste in weaponry?

course, now that steyrs are part of the video game genre, someone is going to have to cut dovetails in the side of the slide for "hood sights" :lol:

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, BT :shock:

Can ya make the conversion kits from the Glocks? :shock:

[​IMG]

U could shoot better while you're runnin' away! :p

Wulf

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

exactly!!!! no sweat.

gotta go after the homeboy market!!!

11. madecov

madecov Active Member

Many years ago I met Willie Bubbits at the SHOT show. he claimed that one M series was made with dovetails cut on 3 sides of the slide and sights mounted for an Italian movie. It was designed after the home boy sights.

12. Zoueh

Zoueh Guest

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH

13. spokes

spokes New Member

They might be in the video games but they sure are not at the Gun Shows.
    Just came back from a big South FL. Show wanted to see an SA1 maybe.
    Not one Steyr (of any model) to be found at any of the vendors.
    What a shame such an interesting, fun gun. People cannot pick one up and fondle it to see how wonderful it fits the hand.

14. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Dealers can't beat CDNN. At least that is why my dealer isn't stocking them any more.

15. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

thats a good reason for dealers to buy from cdnn imo
    wonder whats better stocking them and jacking the price up or FFL transfer fee

16. spokes

spokes New Member

Not going to pay the 40 to 50 dollar transfer fee any more.
    I refuse.

17. majette

majette Member

make friends with a ffl holder. couple beers at a bar on a saturday afternoon after the store closes works wonders for taking care of those pesky transfer fees. or buy from a gun show from a guy who can make 50.00 a gun and sell 15-20+ in a weekend with no real overhead.