Received my Steyr today and it is AWESOME

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by southernfryedyankee, Feb 9, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

If it shoots as good as it looks and feels then it is a match made in heaven. The ONLY complaint (not really a complaint) I have is that I wish the sights were more visible in lower light, however I can definitely see how the fast target acquisition will be utilized with the trapezoidal sights but maybe harder during the evening or in the dark all together. I am also making a holster for her already, I am TOO stoked. The trigger pull beats the piss out of ANY Glock I have EVER owned or fired.

2. mlk18

mlk18 New Member

You are just trying to make me more anxious and impatient while I wait for my Steyr to arrive aren't you? Either way you are doing a good job of it. What about putting some luminescent paint on the trap sights? Not as good as tritium but it works.

3. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Should I post some pictures for you of me smiling with my C9-A1? :p

4. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Yeah, it is tough to see them at night.

Honestly, I still trust my self to shoot with it at night if I cannot see the sites.

5. nickyill

nickyill New Member

Out another 150 rounds through mine today and gave it a good cleaning (filthy after about 500 rounds).....love, love, love it!

6. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

My .02 cents and only my opinion, when I'm working low light conditions, I have a tac light with me. I index on my neck because that illuminates the sights somewhat. On my bedside cz75 I've got a fiber optic front sight and the light is enough to guickly acquire that sight. Indexing on my neck means that I can also set the width of the pattern large enough to easily pie a room. I also can transition to the Harries position quickly. YMMV

7. Dax

Dax New Member

*THIS* is what you want for low-light conditions. http://glow-on.com/ Apply, cover with clear nail polish and "Presto", night sights. I have it on mine with the trap sights (I switched from American 3-dot) and it is awesome stuff. One bottle is going to last me forever. I have offered it to my friends for their pistols too. Awesome stuff.

8. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

How did you apply it to keep the lines crisp?

9. Dax

Dax New Member

It comes with a small wooden pharmacists paddle. (similar to a boat paddle look) you mix it up and dab it on. You could just use a toothpick also to cover the lines also. :)

10. mlk18

mlk18 New Member

I use a different brand of luminescent paint I got from Midway USA, but it's pretty much the same stuff. Installation is really easy. Use some rubbing alcohol to degrease the sight, remove some of the white paint (if there is any), apply in very small droplets using a toothpick, wait an hour, add more paint, wait an hour, add more paint (if needed), allow to dry for 24 hours then cover in clear finger nail polish. The trick is to apply several coat using small drops. They will naturally form circles if you don't put too much paint on. A cotton swab with a little alcohol on it will wipe off any mistakes. If the dot is recessed into the sight you can also use a razor blade to clean up the circle.

But for the trapazoid sights, I would recommend a different product. Same basic idea, only these are stickers that can be pre-cut to any given shape. You cut, stick them on (they are adhesive) and then coat with clear polish. Seems like a match made in heaven for the trap sights.

http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters_Handgun_Night_Sights.html

Found this pic on Google from an old Steyr Club post. The author used nitesiters to create this.

SteyrNS.jpg

https://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/4727-So-who-wants-trapezoidal-night-sights

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013