Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was the first time in almost a year that I was able to make it to the range with my m40-a1/ I was plagued with FTE the last 2 trips due to shitty UMC ammo and the perceived inexperience of my girlfriend, I thought she was limp wristing. I thought these were the issues because my extractor seemed to be of the new style. I still called Jeff however, and he sent out another "new" extractor immediately. Today was the first time I put the "new" design to the test and to my surprise the gun functioned flawlessly. The gun only has about 600-700 rounds through it and 180 or so came today without one issue!!!! I am more than happy with this result as I just put and M9 on layaway for my girlfriend as she loves the Steyr aesthetics compared to more right angle 1911/p-38 style handguns. She even is thinking she needs a .40 instead of the 9. BTW this girl is a natural shooter her third trip ever shooting a hand gun and she can hit hit the target ever shot at 20 yards with the m40 50 yards with my stg and even handle full euro spec 8mm Mauser!!! She thinks it runs in her blood as her grandfather was a military marksman with many 1911 awards. I will say I finally learned how to shot my M40-A1 as it should be and had more than pleasing results...I will put up a pic later....Also, I finally got my commercial Mauser 98 dialed in and despite what everyone said about it beating the shooter up I will state that the 8x57 round is nothing compared to the 8x56 found in the Steyr m95. All in all a great day on the range albeit very overdue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where can I get one? My girlfriend shot my sks once..she said never again!. Glad to hear things have improved with your .40

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she has not shot my sks yet but I see it as no problem. I mean 3 inch turkey loads Mauser 8mm. 7.62 Russian should be a joke. Guess I just picked well. Was it the weight of your sks that got her or the recoil? I see the thing rather unweildy for a small framed girl

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the weight and the big bang at an indoor range, its a norinco sks do I think the lop is a bit shorter. She did hit the target though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts