Range test and observations.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Crunchy_Monk, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Crunchy_Monk

Crunchy_Monk Guest

Well, its been almost a week since I managed to get my new M40-A1 down to the range. I put about 100 rounds through her, and she shot like a dream =D
    Sadly, My camera seems to be MIA, so no pictures; but, I'm sure once you've seen one steyr, you have seen them all. In any case, pictures will be forthcoming.

Though, I did tear up a silhouette target something fierce. =D Well, for me anyways, being my first real time spent at a range firing pistol. I'm a native rifle shooter myself.

With that said, I wanted to share an observation....

Since I have gotten the Steyr, I keep it in my car when I am not at home as I do not yet have my concealed weapons permit. Now, it stays in the car overnight while I am at work, and for the last few days it has been edging near freezing (Florida). Well, today while dry firing my Steyr (as I usually do while waiting for something to load on the comp) I noticed that the Trigger was CONSIDERABLY more crisp, and easier to pull.

Hmmm. Freeze your steyr anyone?

Anyways, Just thought I would share that odd observation. OF course, it could just be me.

So.... any thoughts on the blade tech holsters for CCW?

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Blade Techs are good. Takes a while to get them but its my first choice for carrying, at least range carry where I need to reholster a lot. I don't have leather so i can't say which is good there.......BTW luvmy40 has carry holsters for a lot less money here. Check the vendor section. I'm going to try one of his conceal holsters next month. Half the price of BladeTech and you'll get it a lot quicker............

3. Crunchy_Monk

Crunchy_Monk Guest

Hey, cool. Thanks for that info. Let me know how that holster works out for you. I'm still a couple months away from needing one, as my conceal class is not until march.
    I will certainly take a look through the vendor section though.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I like my Blade-Tech UCH a lot, but my dollar would go to Rich (luvmy40) if I were buying an IWB right now. His product looks almost identical, receives high acclaim for quality, comes at a lower cost, can actually be had in a reasonable time, and he will work with you every step of the way if you want to tweak the design and turn it into something custom.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

good to know, I just actually found luvmy40 site when I read the post...........
    :clap:

6. Crunchy_Monk

Crunchy_Monk Guest

Well, then I will certainly check out his holsters. Only problem is I have looked through the forum (at least where I thought it would be) and can not seem to find any links, or contact info in order to go about pricing/ordering such a holster.

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

8. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Guest

I'm definitely more rifle shooter than handgunner, also. I am very impressed with this pistol (M9-A1), though. I am seriously considering trading in my CZ-52 on another; they're that good.