range report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by pdjack, Jan 7, 2007.

1. pdjack

pdjack New Member

Yesterday, I went to the range, basically to get familiar with my new gun (M9-A1). I probably used somewhere from 75-100 rds. Used both hands, individually then a two handed right handed hold. Ususlly firing 5 rds at a time
    I turns out I fired better with my left hand. I'm also left eye dominant. So, I started focusing on the right hand, just sweeaing the trigger. I'm going to dry fire at lot with my right hand.I also noticed that the trigger has a mild creep, but I understand that pulling the trigger frequently enough will eventually, will improve this.

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    I also am right handed and left eye dominant. A pain since the remnants of a previous broken thumb make it hard to try to switch to left handed.
    And pulling the trigger frequently will improve a lot of things. 8)

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Ditto on the left-eye/right-hand dominant problem. I'm looking at it as a challenge to get comfortable shooting with both eyes open with either hand.

My pistol shooting has been very limited up until I got my M357-A1 but now I've got tons of motivation to go to the range early and often.

And it can be a blessing in disguise as it's always better to be able to shoot with either hand at any time, depending on the circumstances.

I was told by a veteran LEO pistol instructor that an estimated 15 to 25 percent of lawmen have the same problem, left-eye dominant, right-hand dominant, so we're not alone. Make that "weakness" turn into a strength.