Range Report: Brand New S40 A-1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Perry, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Perry

Perry New Member

Okay here's my Steyr S40 A1 journey. My children ordered a Steyr S40 A1 for Christmas for me on December 21st (What great kids!) It finally arrived on January 23rd. I took to the range on the January 27th. I fired 75 rounds of Federal range & target ammo through it without one hitch. Prior to taking it to the range I totally cleaned and lubed it and ran the slide 400 times without letting it slam forward. I dry fired it probably 100 times. My procedure was learned after many hours of research prior to first time firing. I'll never know if I had to do this, that being said, my results were flawless. Anyone that has any doubts about this pistol please allow this post to lay them to rest. What a great pistol. Five guys went with me to the range (Glock, & Springfield owners) All of them were greatly impressed. And I was proud.
    PS Great tutorial to download on this site concerning step by step cleaning and lubing.

2. stvan

stvan New Member

Congrats these are incredible guns, oh yeah and wonderful children to get it for you.