Random failure to eject again, just once.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by BTF/PTM, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

Went to the range again today, another great day of shooting. However, just once the M9 didn't eject. It happened after the gun was good n' warm, so maybe it's still being broken in (under 200 total rounds thru the gun). This happened a couple days ago under the same circumstances. Anyone else have occasional failures to eject?

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Still a little on the early side to worry about the 2 FTEs.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

for the longest time we'd get one new post a week about ejection trouble around 110-115 rounds. haven't seen it in a while, but are you noticing it right around 100 rounds?

as SD said, still breakin her in, so no worries yet.

4. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

yea, the 100-round mark is a good estimate in both cases, I'd gone thru just over one full box the first time, and just under one full box the second time.

Thanks for the feedback, guys, I'll keep pluggin' rounds thru it and get it good n' broken in and see how it goes.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Also place one drop of oil on the extractor plunger. There could be some dried manufacturing lube in there.

6. clemsonsteyger

clemsonsteyger New Member

BTF/PTM,

I have had my M9A1 for about 6 months now and I have put 800 rounds or so through it. I started to notice a fair amount of FTE (2 out of a 100 or so) around the 600 mark. I really didn't like the fact that this was happening. So I did a little research on the site and then I realized that I have NEVER removed my extractor and cleaned it. I followed the instructions on the site, located here:

https://steyrclub.com/
    VERY DETAILED.

You would not believe how much $hit was in there from the factory. I cleaned the crap out of the extractor and spring. Put a small amount of lubrication on it. I then used a Q-Tip to clean out the extractor area on the slide (This was DISGUSTING). I was dumbfounded at how much buildup was in there. So if you are anything like me and didn't clean this when you first bought the gun I would highly recommend doing it.

Good Luck! :D