quick question about m9a1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by asdzxc, Jan 13, 2008.

1. asdzxc

asdzxc Guest

hello, i just got my M9-A1, it is manifactured in november 2003 IOR
    is there anything i should look out for?
    i mean when i read this forum most of the people got guns manifactured post 2005
    i got 2 14 round mags, when i compare the springs with the topic for magazine problems it seems its the right spring.

the pistol is more then great, i fired 300 rounds with it in 1 day, first 150 with very very crappy ammo
    every 3-4 fires then and JAM. but the next 150 i fired with better ammo and 0 jams 0 problems
    i still cant get used with the trigger its my first DAO pistol and its very different from all my previews expirience.

p.s. please forgive my poor english
    p.p.s thank you alot for all the info in this site, it is very very useful

2. asdzxc

asdzxc Guest

300 bullets later :) still no problem

thats 450 shots without problems with the better ammo

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Seems to me you found your problem. 8) Do you live in the states, or are you another international Steyroid?

4. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep her clean and use good ammo and you will be fine....

The bad mag springs seem to be in mags marked 15 rounds...

5. asdzxc

asdzxc Guest

international, i am from Bulgaria
    here in bulgaria its pretty hard to get a gun, so basicly this will be my first and only gun (hopefully).
    and i got steyr because i felt in love with it the moment i grabbed it in my hands. ofcource i tested 6-7 other pistols in my price range (cz 75 sp01, cz 75 compact, sig 2022, beretta 92fs, makarov 9x18, glock 17 and 19) but this was instant love :) .

hello to all steyroids :)

heavymetalmachine - thanks for the welcome

the only thing i want to work on is the trigger and i am thinking to do "Trigger Tune Up" by Bigtaco, but i am still not sure i wont get used the current trigger,
    after 2000-3000 rounds i will think again about it, as i said my first DAO pistol so i cant judge so soon.

p.s. please forgive my poor english

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

That's a pretty impressive list of pistols you tested to choose Steyr. You made the right decision. I just bought a CZ75 SP01, but I'm not about to get rid of my M357-A1.

BigTaco's trigger tutorial really works. My M357-A1 has been tuned the BigTaco way and it has a pull of 5 lbs. 10 oz., actually higher than the factory specs of 5.5 lbs., but it is as smooth as glass and a pleasure to shoot. Don't hesitate to give it a try on your M9A1. Here's a comparison of trigger weights with some of my other pistols, but my M357-A1 is right there with them or exceeding them even with a higher weight. And that's comparing it with some SA pistols.

Also don't worry about your English. It's far better than anybody's Bulgarian here. :mrgreen:

7. heavymetalmachine

Damnnnnnnnnnn Net sometimes you just plain ole make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for BT's tut the last spring in the tut made the bigest diference for me..

I beleave it was spring #13...

Good luck...

8. asdzxc

asdzxc Guest

thank you alot for the heads up.
    i am sure BigTaco's trigger works, i am just not very confident in my skills that i can do it right, i mean i still haven't fully disassembled the gun, but i think i will print out the manual and go to professional gun guy (i dont know the english word - guy that repairs guns and do stuff to them for a living), so there will be less chance something to go wrong, but again :) its still too early for me to judge.

about the CZ, i think it is very nice pistol it was my favourite in the list before i touched the Steyr.
    Did you bought 75 SP01 Shadow, or the normal version? i havent tryed Shadow version, but it looks sweet.

9. heavymetalmachine

"professional gun guy" works for me :wink: We call them gun smiths but it is all the same..

As for the take down it's not that bad just give yourself time to do it right...

10. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I bought a CZ75 SP01 Custom. Great pistol but it had a few "teething" problems at first, jammed a bit. The CZ Custom Shop said send it back so I did and they did a few "tweaks" to get it working properly. It's returning tomorrow and I'll be reporting on the next range trip as soon as possible. :mrgreen:

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Greetings asdzxc :)

...and, ????? ????? ??? ????????????? ???? ????? , ???????. Your English ? ????? ????? ? ? ????? ????? ????????. ???? a ????? ????? ?? ?????????. :)

Wulf <-- speaks fluent babelfish ;)

12. asdzxc

asdzxc Guest

hehe thanks Wulf :) your babelfish is great ;)

i am gonna ask one more question in this topic

it is about Docter Red Dot
    [​IMG]

model: Trijicon Docter Red Dot Scope Reflex Sight 3.5 MOA MS01

i am thinking to buy one red dot for my Steyr and this one looks very nice, i am out of money currently but with the next paycheck i hope i will get it.

the questions are:
    1) is it possible to use this Red Dot without changeing stuff on my precious gun.
    2) is this the best choice of red dot price/quality on the market? i have readed some great reviews about this one, but some people are discussing the high price. that for this price you can get 2 red dots :)
    3) is it fun shooting with red dot? i have never tryed it, but it seems fun.
    4) can i personaly fit it into my Steyr, or should i go to gun guy?

i looked around this forum, but i only sow suggestions of people to get red dot, didnt see if anyone is actualy using it.