Question to owners of 2006 A1 series

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by nixon, Dec 28, 2006.

1. nixon

nixon Member

question to all owners of A1 series. When did Steyr made the correction/change in the extractor that's suppose to be the cure for the erratic extraction (empties hitting shooter in head) and persistent FTE's ?

I have an M40-A1 that was made in 2006 and I don't have erratic extraction or FTE problems. Reason why I'm asking is I'm contemplating on getting an M9-A1 that's manufactured in 2006. I'm not too familiar with M9-A1 issues. Is it safe to assume then, those A1's(9mm,357s, 40sw) made in 06 no longer have extraction/FTE problems ?

thanks,
    Nixon

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

the 40's dont suffer the problems the 9's do. gun was designed around 40sw and converted to 9mm.

believe the FTE issue is being exagerated on the forum. I have two original M series in 9mm and they both work fine. first one did have the brass in the head but that went away.

check thread
    recommendation for new steyr's and owners

3. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

my M9A1 was still at the factory in March (IIRC) but it still came with an old extractor...

btw from what I've read here FT Feed is more common with M40's and a not an issue with M9's, while FT Extract can be a problem with both M9's and M40's

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

FTF is not common in 40sw.
    during breakin with brand new magazines and spring that like to cease up the works maybe outside of breakin period very few.