Question for (but not limited to) police officers among us

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by posterboy7, May 12, 2007.

Do you support CCW?

1. Absolutely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Absolutely not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have mixed feelings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only if people are required to have meaningful training

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wish people were required to have training

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. People shouldn't even have to get a permit to carry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everyone should be required to carry a gun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

As many of you know, politically speaking, I am rather liberal -- I label myself progressive -- but I am also a gun enthusiast and am supportive of concealed carry.

My position on guns, obviously, goes against the mainstream of liberal thought. I hear a lot of liberals say that people shouldn't be allowed to carry because people aren't trained, its too dangerous and it would be like the Wild West. Obvioulsy, its not like the Wild West, but anyway.

I am curious to hear from LE -- the people who are required to carry weapons and trained to use them and who have to respond when people with weapons break the law or have terrible accidents with guns -- feel about CCW or civilians with guns in general.

Obviously, we are a self-selecting group, and any LE on Steyr Club are all but guaranteed to be pro-gun, pro-CCW, but I would still like to hear thoughts specifically on this issue and on the opinions/feelings of the law enforcement community in general.

Of course, anyone, LE or not, is absolutely welcome to comment, you obviously don't need my permission!

Thanks in advance...

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

+1 for Vermont
    Should not have to be licensed by the gubbimint to speak or bear arms.
    (Not a LEO)

3. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

I agree, you should not be required to register to carry. But, at least we are able too. I feel better knowing that there are others out there that have a CCW and have the ability to protect themselves and those around them.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

LEO, and I support carry 100%

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Thanks Madecov.

Do other officers in your dept. feel the same way you do?

I am trying to get a sense of the range of opinions among the LE community or is it just not an issue?