Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine if the factory mags are blued or finished with another type of coating. If they are blued is there a concern with rust ?

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Case ! I have never heard of this finish , can you tell me more about it ?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think I have some 9mm mags for my A1 that developed rust freckles. I’ll try and check.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think I have some 9mm mags for my A1 that developed rust freckles. I’ll try and check.
I went thru the approximately 20 M-A1 mags I could easily lay my hands upon and found one, a 10-rd 9mm magazine that had remnants of rust freckles. IIRC, it was after a rainy match and a few mags were put away in a wet tool bag pocket. When I pulled them out later they had rust freckles that I hit with oil and a green scrubby.

Most of my mags have gotten wet or landed in mud puddles at one match or another thru the years here in Oregon. That was the only mag I found with remnants of rust.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's the same coating that is on there guns . MANNOX ..Its just a different way that they apply it . It is like a salt nitride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts