Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Probably one of the CDNN Steyrs. Do they list the SN? You can find the production date. I'm guessing early M9-A1s came like that, but Babj is the reference in all things Steyr pistol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently purchased one of these from Dan's Ammo and the import mark is missing from the frame, but "PW ARMS REDMOND WA" is etched into the slide. According to several sources I found on the internet, these were to be sold somewhere in the middle east but ended up at "PW ARMS REDMOND WA" when the deal fell through. My pistol did not come with a fired case so I don't have a clue to date of manufacture but the serial # is 042***. Does that give anyone a clue to when this pistol was made? I've been waiting a long time for my first Steyr pistol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker xthexheadx, I'm still learning about these pistols. Where would I find the date code? Is it inside the dust cover or elsewhere? I'm curious as to when my pistol was made. Thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

the above picture is of a steyr rifle, but the date code would appear very similar, on the right side of the slide.... a 3 digit letter code that can be deciphered using this chart:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great! Thank you for the information xthexheadx. According to the letters (SOF) on my slide then, it was manufactured in May of 2004. Evidently the slide was made then and used atop a "newer" M-A1 body as it only has the "M9" designation on the slide. It seems I read that Steyr quit making the older "M" body style in 2004.

·
Registered
229 Posts
that is a great price on a great pistol. BUY IT , its worth twice that price. in europe they sell for double that price. in cental america, three to five times that price,dominican republic like 2800.00dollars. steyrs are HIGH quality guns. buy it you will probublly love it. i love all three of mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts