PTNightSights.com Help !!!

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by midtnshooter, Sep 29, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey All,

I was getting ready order a set of PT sights (and return the fibers back to Wulf, Thanks Wulf). On the "PTNightSights" website, there was a promo spot. Do we get a discount from PT's website?

I use red fiber (again, thanks Wulf) for my front sights, but PT only offers green. Is the color for these Tri- sights a preference or does the color make a difference for visibility?

Take Care,

MTS

2. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

IIRC we do get a Steyr Club discount, but don't hold me to it.

As far as colors, Red Fiber Optic for daytime, green tritium for night and day/night duel use is the conventional wisdom.

A friends orange blue combo seems to be the worst to me, but that could just be my eyes.
    He likes it though. YMMV

3. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I was at the website ( http://store.ptnightsights.com/index.php?p=cart ) and this is PTNightSights. Is this the same dealer you mentioned? I have been busy all day today and I don't want to make myself feel stupid.

As for colors, all the options for the front sights were green and..... green. All choices for rear.

Any help is greatly welcomed.

MTS

4. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

I'm sure if you give them a call/email they would be happy to let you know what's up with the front sight. I recall them having different colors for the front sight before their page changed to a nice slick looking version.

5. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

Red tritium is going to be fairly dim
    If you can live with it, go for yellow rear sights and green front.

Those are the brightest colors.

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I have 4 sets of PT sights. 3 of them have red dot rear sights with green fronts. I disagree with characterizing them as "fairly dim". They are as bright as the front sights, but the red color "shows" darker. They work beautifully for me. The front sight really pops out and the rear are readily visible.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Blue in the rear and green up front seems really intuitive to me. You can see all colors just fine, but the front sight grabs your attention a bit faster than the subdued blue. I highly recommended it!

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Has anyone tried a yellow front with green rear? Seems like the yellow would be a bit "brighter" for perception, if actual light amplitude was equal.

I have a set of bar-dot-bar on my .45, all in green. Would NOT do that in the same color again, too busy for me.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

In Daytime Conditions the human eye has maximum sensitivity at the 555 nm wavelength.
    In Nighttime Conditions the human eye has maximum sensitivity of 512 nm wavelength.

Both fall into the 'green' color spectrum:

[​IMG]

All things being equal, green will always be the first your eye sees.....

11. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Hmmm...looking at your color strip, my eye is drawn to the yellow.

12. madecov

madecov Active Member

I have a et of Wilson night sites on my 1911
    Yellow rear and green front.

Works well.

13. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I now have a "green front with yellow rear dots" set of PTs on my MA1. Very nice. The yellow shows more as "white" to me. It is more visible than red, but I have not confused the rear dots with the front dot yet, doing many low light draw and points.