PT sights, which style/color to choose?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by loneeagle308, Dec 6, 2006.

1. loneeagle308

loneeagle308 Guest

I am giving an upgrade as a Christmas present to my S40. But for myself I am curious which configuration to go with? Someone in the forum wrote a year ago of something logical in the color and config he chose. Which is best? Red is great for night work and contrasts good with the green...

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

IMHO, contrasting front/back colors are a good idea. I believe green is the brightest, with yellow taking second place. A lot of people get green front (most important) and yellow in the back for the brightest combo with contrasting colors.

Personally, I think you'll be able to see any color combo just fine and you are just nitpicking if you really think yellow vs. red or something is going to make a "tactical" difference, so get whatever you think looks cool. :)

I wanted to get three dot bar config, but they messed up and just did the three dot setup. I am actually pleased with it and I am glad I didn't get the bar - I think it would be too "busy". I think my green/blue combo is GREAT. Easy to pick up the sights in the dark, nice reassuring glow on my nightstand always letting me know the exact orientation of the pistol, and if you do want to nitpick, it seems a lot easier to focus on the front sight with the softer blue coming off the back. I'm just not a fan of solid color setups.

Here's a crappy picture of the setup:
    [​IMG]

It's real hard to snag a picture of them in the dark that will turn out.

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

So how much were they?? Did you send the slide to them for fitting???

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They are whatever the steyrclub deal was/is? - I don't recall anymore. I did send my whole slide to them and the install was as clean as can be. They pay shipping back (for the slide).

5. ScottW

ScottW Guest

Here's a pic of mine:
    [​IMG]

I think the club deal cost was $81 (69 + 12 s/h) including them doing the install on your slide and the return shipping. IIRC the $81 cost is the same whether you have them do the install or not. It took 9 days to get back to me, pretty quick, however more recently another member reported a big delay of about 6 weeks. Might want to double check with PT on how long your gun will be out of action if you send them your slide. But I'm very happy with mine, good quality and a clean install, and I shoot tighter groups with them than I did with the tri/traps.

6. breechplug

breechplug Guest

I'd like to get a set of those for my 1911 :idea:

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Look into it - PT does sights for tons of guns.

8. breechplug

breechplug Guest

I don't want to highjack this thread but does anyone have the contact info
    for them?
    :?:

9. ScottW

ScottW Guest

Web site is http://www.ptnightsights.com
    You can check out all the different colors and patterns they have.

To order, contact Jerrie Ling: [email protected]
    Mention the keyword "69Steyr" so she knows to give you the club price & free installation. Their website also lists phone # 1-800-334-3573.

10. breechplug

breechplug Guest

Thank you Scott, Craig. :)