PT NIGHTS SIGHTS

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by NicoX, Sep 26, 2007.

1. NicoX

NicoX New Member

2. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey NicoX!

There's nothing better than Trip-traps for fast and dirty targeting, but for precise shooting I'm very happy w/ the PT sights. According to SAI there's a company(or two!) working on a Tri-trap style night sight, but that might be a ways off yet!
    _______
    mugdava

3. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Thx for answering mugdava, do you have PT on? can U put some pics how it function?
    It is easy to install them ?

4. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey NicoX!

Yep, I got the PT sights back in January, about a month or so after I picked up the pistol. I've got six pistols equiped w/ night sights, but the PT's on my Steyr are the brightest of them all! :shock: I couldn't get a good pic of the sight picture provided by the PT's, but here's a couple of pics showing what they look like installed:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/ ... 1_0511.jpg
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/ ... 1_0516.jpg

As for installation, I took it to my local gunsmith and let Him do it! :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

5. NicoX

NicoX New Member

anyone with pics of PT Nights sights at night!??!!
    I want to see them !!!
    If they were with the triangule...

:evil: :evil:

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I have a really crappy picture in my Evolution v1.0 (see signature). It's ridiculously hard to get a good picture in the dark and maintain focus...

I think Thunderbear might have done a better job in one of his photo threads, but I have no idea where that thread went...

I'm quite pleased w/ my PT 3 dot blue/green/blue.

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Send me your Steyr and I'll get a better picture of it in the dark for you......

:wink: :wink: :wink:

8. volkster67

volkster67 Guest

I have always wondered about the night sites. good info. What is your two cents on the Dura Glow night site paint? i was curious on how efficient it was. its only five bucks but at the same time i love my sights as they are so i never tried using it. http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publis ... aint.shtml

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The paint is just about worthless. It only holds a charge for a bit - you certainly would not want to trust it to still be glowing if you woke up at 4AM to a breaking window or something. I would say it may perhaps only be suitable for game use - charge it before starting a low-level light stage or something...

I would go with the PT's until someone comes out with tri-traps.

10. NicoX

NicoX New Member

If anyone knows about other company who makes this sights it will be grateful to know..

if it´s not another one I will wait for PT Nights tri traps

I love Steyr sights so as to change them..

11. nixon

nixon Member

nicox,
    Try calling trijicon find out if they have one for Steyrs. They make very good night sights actually in all light conditions. I understand they use sapphire to cap the tritium for longer and consistent glow.

Nix,

12. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Thank´s Nixon, If they answer me, I will put it here.

13. NicoX

NicoX New Member

wwooww wwoowww look the answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your interest in Trijicon products. Our apologies for not having
    pictures available. Our part #ST01 is shaped nearly identical to the factory
    sights. The 3 options only relate to the color of the lamps in the rear sight which
    are- green, yellow and orange. A picture should be available soon on the website.

Sincerely,
    Eric Lockhart
    Customer Service
    1-800-338-0563
    ext 148
    http://www.trijicon.com

WHO HAVE TRIJICON ON ?!?!?!?! PIIICSSS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Awesome, NicoX!

Trijicon sounds like they have responded to Steyr owner's requests, or prayers or dreams or whatever. I know a lot of guys here have certainly expressed interest and even tried to "roll their own" tri-trap night sights.

This seems to be the only night-sight photo on the site at present. I guess we'll just have to use our imagination until they post the promised pics of the tri-trap night sights for Steyr.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for doing the legwork for us all! And as soon as you get yours, be sure to post photos. Can't wait. :mrgreen:

15. NicoX

NicoX New Member

I will make a decision when I can see that picture..
    If they are trapezoids I will buy them

Netfotoj, is a pleasure to give all of U good information, I`m learning a lot with this forum

**OFFTOPIC** I think this forum help me to make me a Steyr Fan 8) 8) **OFFTOPIC** :p

16. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thats what I was thinking I have seen Steyrs with night sights I thought installed at the factory.
    If they mimic those they are three dot are they not???

17. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...according to Trijicons own website description here, they are still simple three dot sights....

:? :?

18. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Steyr factory night sights are 3 dot. This has been beat to death - there are no new answers (yet). NO ONE MAKES TRAP NIGHT SIGHTS. 8)

PT has some very interesting alternatives to plain jane 3 dots - check out their page...

19. NicoX

NicoX New Member

babj615, The description is all the same..

syntax360, "Steyr factory night sights are 3 dot." and why the logo ? My two steyrs have trapezoids. I dont understand why U say that.

We only have to wait for the photo !!

20. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Because 99% of the the Steyrs out there have factory trapazoid sights. If you order night sights from the factory, you get 3 dot. Don't get your hopes up - we've contact all the vendors before and have even talked to the kind folks at Steyr Arms Inc. and Steyr-Mannlicher Austria about this matter - they do not exist.