Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone from Argentina
I bought this M9 second hand a few years ago, I had never paid much attention to it until now
the springs they have are the original ones, I have never changed them
if I accompany the closing of the slide with my hand, the route remains unfinished
Do you think replacing the mainspring will improve this problem?
I'm trying to find out how many pounds the original spring comes from to buy one just like it, I think I'll make the guide myself.
I listen to your opinions, thank you very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I also live in Argentina and I also have an M9 since 2000. That problem is not the firing pin spring (46), unless the spring is cut, the guide (44) or the washer (45) is broken. It could also be something broken in the firing system (the sear and detent assembly (10, 11), the sear spring (13), etc.). Or, as they say here, it could be a cleaning and polishing problem.
Very recently, the rear end of the firing pin spring guide (44) spring guide pin on my M9 broke off. That made the action very stiff and I could hardly fire. I would take it apart and not notice the problem, until I saw the break and a little piece of the guide that was loose causing the problem.
As for the trigger hardness, mine when I had the original springs was 8lbs. I had the firing pin spring and sear spring made. The first one I shortened a bit and the other one I made the angle smaller, plus a polishing of the key parts (following Taco's tips), I managed to get it down 4-5 lbs. Less than that, the action doesn't assemble. It's a tough action for sport shooting. It's a pitty there are no assemblies to soften the action like there are from Glock.
pm to you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts