Pro Hunter Action Bolts

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by Douglas Hildebrand, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Douglas Hildebrand

Douglas Hildebrand New Member

I am in need of both front and rear action bolts for my 308 pro hunter mountain. After stripping the action from the stock for cleaning, I went to re torque as the factory manual stated (no big deal, even in newton meters), but my brand new torque wrench failed and over tightened. Stripped the front bolt, stretched the rear. Any ideas on where to get these? There is no answer to the phone number on the back of the manual. I don't know the thread but they are a #5 metric hex head. Thanks to anyone. In West Texas,

Doug

2. b_minus

b_minus Member

Hey Doug, you may want to check the number you are trying with the one on the Steyr Arm website. I know they've relocated in the last few years. Depending on when your manual was printed, the number may have changed. Just a thought.

3. Douglas Hildebrand

Thanks b_minus! I did not realize they had moved. I'll look there.

Doug

b_minus likes this.
  4. Douglas Hildebrand

B_minus, your recommendation to check the number for Steyr for the action bolts I needed worked. They moved some time ago from Trussville, Alabama to Bessemer, Alabama. The people were very helpful, had bolts in stock and shipped UPS. Thanks so much for the help. Great forum, great people!

MicPop and b_minus like this.
  5. b_minus

b_minus Member

Awesome! I have not yet needed help from Steyr customer service but I've heard they are among the best in the industry. I glad they had what you needed.