Pray for me, fellas.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Thunderbear, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I'm going through a rough spot right now.

Life seems to have come to a smoking halt, very, very recently.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...Sorry to hear this......

I will pray to my GOD and he will get with your GOD and work things out....

:wink: :wink:

...Hope whatever it is works out OK.....

Peace

3. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

ABSOLUTELY!!! We all hit that from time to time and I am glad to have people
    that can pray for me when I need it. So I wouldn't miss the opportunity to
    pray for someone else.
    Thunder the fact that you had the courage to ask a bunch of strangers for that
    is huge, and takes guts. I have great respect for you. I was talking to a friend the other
    day and her life has taken a harsh detour and she started to pull away from
    friends, family,church, bible study group etc... I told her that is the worst time to do
    that. That is when you need those the most. Church or not you need friends to lean on
    and they you, that is what being a friend is about (even friends you haven't met, like us).
    Feel free to PM me if you need to talk or write or vent. When life stops help can sometimes
    come from the unlikeliest of places, even a computer gun club. Whom ever you do talk to it
    may help to see the big picture or a different side of things, or just get you going in another direction.

Not to take away from Thunders' post, but this is a great club with GREAT people with many
    faiths and beliefs. I know we will rally around Thunder and any other brothers or sisters
    in need.
    Ok I think I said enough for now maybe even to much but when someone is in need...

4. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

May your powder be dry and your aim be true,
    may God grant you the wisdom to know what is right and the courage to see it through.

5. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I'm agnostic and don't have a need to pray, but you do have my most sincere hopes that things will get better for ya!
    I've been thru 2 divorces and a major depression, and have good insight into self-help methods that have worked for me, if that's what you are going through, and if you care to hear about them. I'll be happy to share.

Good luck in any case, and remember, you DO have friends here, even if they are on the other side of the keyboard! :D

Paul

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Man, you are in my thoughts.

Just keep one foot right in front of the other and before you know it this will all be behind you.

Buzz

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

We're here for ya, Thunderbear - brothers in arms 8)

If there is anything we can do, do not hesitate to ask.

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I'll be praying for you daily, ThunderBear. Even Marines need prayer once in a while. I was a swabby, but don't hold that against me. :mrgreen:

And I'm a short drive up to the middle of the state if you want a shooting buddy, too. PM me anytime.

I've been a Christian for 30 years and I wish I could say life has been a bed of roses and I never had a problem since. But I'd be lying. Two divorces. Lost a younger brother to suicide. Survived one deep depression, barely.

But through it all, I've always had friends I could rely on, as well as The Friend Who Sticks Closer than a Brother.

Don't forget you've got a true bunch of friends here who will come to your aid in any way we can.

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Certainly will Thunder. You will be on the daily list.
    Had a dust up with cancer recently, so I can sympathize with what you might be feeling if something new has come along to knock your status quo off kilter.
    Best. SD

10. West01

West01 New Member

Hope you will be back on your feet soon ThunderBear,

Life is full of surprises.....and some are more surprising than others. A prayer never hurt anyone. Your are in our thoughts my friend.

Good Luck

West01

11. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

Guts, Determination, a Strong Back and a Shoulder to lean on. As a Marine you obviously have all of these. Add another shoulder to the list.
    We are with you in spirit and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Best of luck to you.

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i thought about you all day. i'm wishing you well through this troubled time.

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

ThunderBear,

If you haven't read "The Lone Survivor" by Marcus Lutrell, go down to the local library and get it now. It's the story of the sole survivor of SEAL Team 10 in Afghanistan in 2005 and I'm sure being a Marine you probably have already heard of that greatest disaster in Spec Ops warfare in our history. Not only the three SEAL teammates of Lutrell's were killed, but 16 more Spec Ops warriors, SEALS, Green Berets and Rangers, were killed when the rescue mission helicopter was shot down by the Taliban/Al Qaeda. It's a heart-breaking true story, but also the most inspiring book I've read lately and maybe ever. It will make you proud to be a Marine and an American.

I've been praying for you a lot, buddy, and will continue to do so. Hang in there and remember, Semper Fi! :mrgreen:

P.S. Speaking of, how about this "Semper Fi Digital" camo design for your favorite pistol?

[​IMG]

http://www.galtsguns.com/

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Well, I'm surviving, but that's about all. It's been rough as hell the past few weeks, with the next few months forecast being the same.

Your support means a lot, guys. Thanks.

15. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I sure do hate to hear that thunder....

If anything I can do for ya, let me know...

PM me if ya need to...

Chin up, Bro...

:( :(

16. broas

broas Guest

hi, thunderbear. :)

i dont how i can help. if i could, let me know, yeah? :)

17. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Sorry to hear you are in a bad patch, TB.

Best wishes.