Postal Match/Target Type

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Deluxe247, Apr 14, 2005.

What type of shoot would you prefer for our first online club match

1. Poker - best hand @ 10 yards (5 shots) - 3 targets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Standard 7-10 ring 30 shots @ 7, 10, 15 yards - 3 targets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

OK folks, let's make this official. I say we keep this simple for the first time out. If you want me to add an option to the poll, let me know and I will.

You must post in the Postal Match Signup thread by 4/30 to be eligable for this shoot.

When we decide what type of match/target we want to use, I can purchase them and mail them out to everyone involved. Participants will be responsible for return shipping. I will scan targets and post results when finished.

<EDIT>
    All targets will be signed by myself before being shipped. Returned targets must have my original sig to be accepted for results.
    </EDIT>

(Rules will be posted once the match type has been determined)

The winner will be awarded a brand spanking new guide rod from JackAsh Custom Shop.

-D

2. hihoslva

hihoslva New Member

A few suggestions, if I may:

First, should we get the vote for the poker match (and I sure hope we do!!), my opinion is that it should be 7 shots to make your best 5 card hand. Just like 7 card stud & Texas Hold'em. You get 7 cards, but can only use 5. Makes it more poker-like. Did I say I hope we vote for the poker match?

Secondly: I don't think anyone here is interested in cheating - I think we're a relatively honest bunch of people. However, to make things "official", might I suggest YOU (yes, you Deluxe247) sign (and maybe number) the targets to be mailed out. This would pre-empt the need for anyone to have their personal targets signed by someone else. Your signature on the target is proof that it is, in fact, one sent by you to the participants, so we know someone didn't just shoot up 15 targets and use their best one - each person will get 3 signed, and that's it.

If that sounds like a good idea, but a pain to do, I will gladly take over the ordering & distribution of the targets, and sign/number them myself. All I'd ask is that someone else be in charge of collecting them, because - as I stated in another thread - I'm moving soon. I wouldn't want my move to delay or otherwise screw up someone's entry.

Whaddaya think?

And guys - did I say we should VOTE FOR THE POKER???!!!

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

agreed on 7 rounds for poker.

4. Deluxe247

It was hard for me to put the details of each type in the poll. It is just there to find out what everyone is interested in. After we determine what type, we can nail down the actual rules and specifics.

I like the idea of siging the targets before I send them out. Very nice. It was not my intention to say that someone might cheat. I assume that everyone here is an upstanding person and will follow the rules. The honor system will be in effect.

What was the link to the poker targets?

-D

5. hihoslva

hihoslva New Member

Personally, I think this one would be the better poker target of the two at Alco Targets:

http://alcotarget.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm?ID=116

That one is 21" x 24" - pretty standard target size and most likely life-size cards.

They have another one, but it is rather small at only 10" x 12".

http://www.alcotarget.com - great selection, great prices, and good people to deal with. I have ordered from them before.

From the looks of it right now, the poker idea is fading.......maybe next time if it doesn't get voted in for this round.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It doesn't matter to me what type of targets we use.

Deluxe, if you need some money to absorb the coast of buying all those targets just post a request buddy.

May the best shot win!

~Oz

7. Deluxe247

We have $'s for this one thanks to contributing members such as yourself.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

My pleasure D.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, so the type of target seems pretty much cemented. Now we need to start talking about distance of shot/setup of target. We can do one at 7 yards and one at 15/25 yards?...if someone has a better idea then please feel free post it. :D

~Oz

10. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

plz keep no longer than 50' as that is all most indoor ranges are.

7 yrds and 15 yrds sounds good.

slow fire or time limit?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I vote for 7 yards! 8)

12. Deluxe247

UPDATE: Still waiting for targets to come in. We will be sending them out right away when they finally get here.

-D

13. Deluxe247

UPDATE: Targets are in! They will be going out shortly.

-D

14. Deluxe247

UPDATE: I ran into a small prob with getting the targets out, but rest assured they will be going out. I apologize for the delay folks...

-D

15. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

Ok took my targets to the range, but couln't find the instructions and didn't see them posted.

off of an admitedly dicey memory i thought i remembered 5 rnds at each distance marked on targets (don't ask why the 15yrd one only has 4 holes).

can you pm the adress i am supposed to mail them into (assuming i shot the right number of rounds anyway)?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

FlaChef -

5 rounds at each was correct.

Here's the address:

Armour
    7371 S. Clermont Dr
    Centennial CO 80122

Clearly, the fifth bullet when through the fourth hole!

Jim

17. Deluxe247

Still waiting for the rest of the entries. I will post a list of missing ones later tonight.

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.