Possible LEE spring reset solution.

Discussion in 'Big Taco's Steyr Accessories' started by internetgunner, Oct 19, 2014.

1. internetgunner

internetgunner New Member

So I ordered the Lee spring with the Glide-Rite Delrin Bushing. The bushing installed fine but the Lee spring didn't allow the steyr's trigger to reset. I thought, why not place the factory metal bushing on top of the Glide-Rite to increase spring tension?

So I tried it out and it worked. The two bushings stacked up perfectly and the trigger resets consistently.

bushing.jpg

As you can see from the image the spring still doesn't snake like the factory spring even with a thicker bushing. I didn't check trigger weight but creep was less than with just the factory spring and delrin bushing. I also haven't tested it at the range for light primer strikes. I figured this might just be an idea for a version of the Glide-Rite with a thicker collar, probably double it's current size, to work with the Lee spring..

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

3. internetgunner

internetgunner New Member

So I shot about a 100 rounds with this mod. No light primer strikes.

4. scottyd3892

scottyd3892 Member

That is interesting. The same thing happened to me when I got the Lee striker spring and bushings. I polished the sear which BT recommend to do and it worked for awhile but the trigger would stop reseting eventually. I did what Internet gunner did and it works, it blew my mind. The trigger resets everytime even when dry fired.

5. scottyd3892

scottyd3892 Member

It worked for me. That was a good idea Internet gunner. The factory spring was to wavy for me to. That's why I upgraded to the Lee striker spring and bushings.