Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rim Country still has 357 sig barrels for the Steyr 40s.
The Long barrel is long enough to be threaded for a suppressor in the S or M models.
They will set up to do some if we have enough people wanting it done, maybe a dozen or so?
Of course the longer barrels add a little terminal velocity.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
I would be interested in a M threaded or a L non threaded. Kinda wish I grabbed some when ranger did them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have all three sizes in stock.
None of them were produced threaded, so unless you obtain one made by Steyr or someone else, the only option with the RCM barrels is to use a Long barrel on an S or M.
I have heard of someone extending a stock barrel with some tricky machine work, but that isn't cheap or easy.
Currently that probably leaves IGB barrels as the only other option.
Last quote I got was double a Rim Country barrel, with import fees.
Seems like getting two L barrels is your best approach.

I have a Long barrel on my S currently, but I don't know how to get a photo from my phone to the forum.
I measure it as just over 3/4" past the slide, using imprecise tools.
Silencerco says you need a free half inch usually, that will not interfere with the slide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes.
When I realized I already have an M barrel, Mike Szabo got an L barrel turned around and sent out immediately.
Quality still looks good.

I found Rim Country on this forum.
I thought they might still have barrels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rim Country still has 357 sig barrels for the Steyr 40s.
The Long barrel is long enough to be threaded for a suppressor in the S or M models.
They will set up to do some if we have enough people wanting it done, maybe a dozen or so?
Of course the longer barrels add a little terminal velocity.
I'd be interested as well- definitely one, possibly 2. Let me know the cost and anything else you would need from me. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear from you.

The issue for RCM is the setup time to prepare the machinery.
If we have enough people interested, I think the fee will be in the normal range for such a modification, but I don't have a firm price quote.
All I need right now is enough people interested, and when we do, we can firm up price and commitments.
As far as I know, previously purchased barrels of the same series could also be threaded.

I don't know if this has occurred to anyone else, but if RCM sells out of this run of barrels, value effectively doubles?
The only other source I'm aware of is austrian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts