Possible 45 Cal. Steyr

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by wkerschner, Apr 5, 2007.

1. wkerschner

wkerschner Guest

Has any one heard if Steyr would produce a 45. Cal. handgun?

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

we all dream!!! we all want it!!! we're all waiting!!!!

but no official word... yet

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

10mm and .45 are supposed to be on the horizon, but there hasn't been any serious thought/work put into it yet, as far as we all know...

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I would bet dollars to donuts that a .45 (or possibly a 10mm) is, if not imminent, in the foreseeable future.

Just my guess and what I'd be doing if I was King os Steyrland.

Buzz

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Herr Bauer said a while back via email reply to my question, which I posted here, that both .45 ACP and 10mm versions are most definitely being considered, so I for one am patiently awaiting their announcement arrival.

He even said he personally wanted a 10mm Steyr.

And us 45/10mm Steyroid advocates have already named the new large-frame series: L for Large; goes along with M for medium and S for small.

I'll take one L10, please sir. Make mine high-capacity. And as soon as I get it, I'll start saving up for my new L45, also high-capacity please, sir. :mrgreen:

6. GTrain

GTrain Guest

new steyrs

yes i agree a large frame in 45 or 10mm would be nice, but what i wouyld be really excited about would be a sub-compact frame, one that is smaller then the s series. i have a S-9 and i love it, it seems to have less recoil then my M-9, most likely due to the S series having a steel guide rod, im guessing. but the S series is sometimes too big for me when im wearing typical florida hot weather gear. I am a true steyr fanatic i have three so far, S-9, M-9, M-40a1 and thinking about getting a M-9a1 while CDNN has them for such a great price.....oh yeah i just got my Steyr prohunter SS in 30-06 a week ago...all of them are bueatiful guns and function flawlessly with WBB ammo. Just give me a steyr sub-compact and would be as happy as a pig in mudd.

7. wkerschner

wkerschner Guest

Answer to a possible 45 Cal. Steyr

I called Steyr USA, and they told me that they are looking into producing a 10 mm and a 45 Cal. models. What the hold up is, Steyr will have to make a new frame to with stand the stress tolerances of shooting a 10 mm and a 45 Cal. round. They also said that it would be Approx. a year and a half until they would be on the market. I can't wait.

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya wk*

Good call. 8)

Ya see, people? :p What ya wanna know about Steyrs ya can find out easy enough. <shrug> Here in the States, SAI staff are nice to visit with and very candid with what they can tell ya. Sometimes they're a little timid to fork over new product info, but that's only because its not yet known for sure or is subject to change due to world events beyond their control. So, as Steyr owners and enthusiasts, IMHO, we should give them our support when we can..a praise here...a purchase there, but always, keep those international doors of communication wide open. Those guys over in Austria...the Steyr-Mannlicher people, they're tryin' hard, too. :shock: And, its like they gotta different word for everything! :shock: Just thought ya might oughtta know. <shrug> Hava great weekend, my SC bros. :)

Wulf <-- walkin' 'round the reloading room in his best lederhosen and Harley boots, workin' on his German and wonderin' how to ask.... "May I have some brats an' beer? :) May I hava box o' chocolates and an M10-A1? Please? :shock: " ... thinkin' its actually goin' pretty well. ;)

9. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

eine bier und bratwurst, bitte.

practicing for when i get to go to austria and become an armorer. of course, anyone who actually knows german, knows that i DON'T. but i think you'd get beer and brats.

as for the 10mm. quite a task, getting a gun to stand up to that round. i'm sure they'll succeed.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Re: Answer to a possible 45 Cal. Steyr

Very good news, indeed! Now let's do our best to hold them to that - an e-mail inquiry here, phone call there...

11. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Just the thought of a 10mm Steyr makes my pants all tight :shock:

12. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Glock did it and they killed two birds with one stone with both 10mm and .45 sharing the same frame.

Buzz

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

And Glock also made a "baby" Glock in 10mm, the G29, with a 3.78" barrel and 10-round capacity and the G30, .45ACP, same size also with 10 rounds.

And if Glock can do it good, Steyr can do it better. As the late Adlai Stevenson said to the Russian ambassador about those missiles in Cuba, "I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over" for my Steyr 10mm, preferably in subcompact, high-capacity.

One of these days, the whole world will know we're smarter than the average glocker, but for now, we know it. :mrgreen:

14. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

I've never had, but always wanted a 10mm... 4.25" model would be perfect. :)

15. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Yup, I have a G29 and its a hand cannon. I could only imagine a bit beefed up S, or S10. Steyr is all about innovation, they can surely do it.

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here's a 10mm I just read about, the EAA Elite Witness Match, 4.75" barrel, 15+1 capacity. It's only $600 MSRP, so I'm going to investigate. The below photo on their website is a bit ragged. Why a company would put an unsharp photo of a pistol on their own website is beyond me. The webmaster ought to be drawn and quartered, then shot.

[​IMG]

Just to prove they've got a better photo, here's the same pistol on their homepage.

http://www.eaacorp.com/index.html

I've heard good and bad about EAA, so I'm going to have to do a lot of research before I jump. But if this is a good quality pistol, it might hold me until Steyr comes through with its 10mm. The EAA does do what my S&W 1076 does not, offer true high capacity. My 1076 has a 4.25" barrel but only has 9+1 capacity.

17. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member