Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe the holster choice makes a huge difference. I use a Clinger "Atom" holster (which Clinger only sells on EBay for a great price, $24,95 including shipping). If you look closely at the holster you will see the clip over the trigger guard. This keeps the handgun's grip snug against the body. I have no problem concealing my C9A1 even under a tee shirt using this holster. And by the way, the width of the slide and frame of my C9A1 is exactly the same (1.18") as a Glock 19. I rounded both up to 1.2" in the comparison charts.
I have and have carried both Stinger Atoms and Stingrays for my Steyr M9a1 and Walther PSS 9mm. I like both, but prefer the Atom because of the sweat-shield - makes it easier to reholster. Now that it is winter, I've carried my Steyr in an OWB kydex paddle holster with great success. I just don't think that the Steyr is too big to carry effectively, either IWB or outside. Granted, the PPS single stack is much thinner, but I still have no problem with the size of the Steyr. However, I've never tried to carry the Steyr with just a T-shirt/shorts in the summer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.