police video of cop killer. (very graphic)

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by pilotbenjamin, Oct 25, 2007.

1. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

From what I know this guy shot a cop then nobody checked him for weapons. I don't know if this is out on the internet a friend of mine got it from a friend who's family member is a cop.

my steyr and my glock 22 which I sold.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WARNING: VERY graphic!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I've seen the video a few times (I think e-baumsworld and youtube have it)... It's pretty disturbing. I'm not 1000% sold on the idea that the guy shot a cop and no one searched him - I seem to recall a few descriptions saying he stole a car or something far less "serious". Either way, I'd like further confirmation if anyone wants to do the homework... 8)

3. mrboma

mrboma Member

Should have had some more coffee before checking that one out.

4. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

Ricardo Alfonso Cerna (c. 1956-December 19, 2003) was a man who became famous for committing suicide with a gun while being videotaped in an interrogation room in the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office in Muscoy, California. He was 47 years old.

Cerna, an immigrant from Guatemala, was stopped by Sheriff's Deputy Michael Parham for a traffic violation on December 19, 2003. He tried to escape in his car and then later on foot. During the pursuit, he shot Deputy Parham twice in the abdomen, non-fatally. Cerna was arrested shortly afterwards. Three agencies had been involved in the chase (the San Bernardino Police, the county sheriff, and the California Highway Patrol). During the apprehension and hand-over, no one made sure he was properly searched.

The Sheriff's Department showed the security camera footage to the media by the following day. To avoid public sensationalism, only a handful of reporters were permitted to see it. The footage was never intended to be made public, but evidently it has been illicitly leaked.

Certain political activists representing the Latino community expressed outrage, claiming Cerna's death to have been murder rather than suicide, with the deputies as the perpetrators. La Voz de Aztlan and other groups believe that, apparently, deputies gave the suspect (who had already allegedly shot one officer) a loaded handgun for the purpose of killing himself.

Cerna shot himself in the side of the head at point-blank range with a .45-caliber handgun that he had hidden in the front of his pants. Although he died instantly, the damage from the bullet to the inside of his head caused blood to pour rapidly out of the wound, his mouth, and his right ear for the remainder of the video (nearly 30 seconds). The sound is clearly audible on the tape, especially after Cerna's head rolls over to his left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Alfonso_Cerna

5. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

made me think of bud dwyer who pulled a revolver out of a manila envelope at a press conference on live tv and shot himself th the mouth.

...met him once in a crowd outside a millersville university auditorium where the president was gonna be making a speech, i was carrying a sign protesting the soviet occupation of afghanistan and he asked me if i had family over there. i told him no and then he told me not to believe those things they wrote about him in the paper, that they weren't true. there was another guy with him i didn't recognize and don't remember. next time i hear about him he's shooting himself on tv.

its a sad thing.

6. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I feel sorry for the department. Someone over looked the suspect and there must be a lot of upset citizens. Probably the department was or will be sued for not "watching him" like a baby. This guy was going to off himself, whether he had his own weapon or used the officer's.

As for that man......... hope he was close to Jesus. Maybe he could have used a band aid also.

Sad.

MTS

7. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

That was CRAZY! :shock: I had to watch it a few times. Its funny how if that was CSI
    or a movie his brains would have been ALL OVER that wall. I didn't even see
    much of an exit on the other side. its amazing how fast that .45 stopped.
    thars yer gell test!!!

8. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I came across it on a friend linked me to some time ago..

I never seen it coming...

9. West01

West01 New Member

:shock: This is an infamous vid released on the old "Ogrish" website longtime ago... The Officers were lucky that he (Cerna) didn't turn his weapon on them (and he had some firepower). Tragic story....hope someone learned a lesson here..... It is amazing that the vid is now on "WikiP". Man this site has everything.

West01

10. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I've seen that a few times, crazy stuff. I don't think he shot a cop... most people in the field will find that a motivating factor for searching people properly.

11. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

he definetly shot a cop, but I was mistaken calling him a cop killer, as the officer survived.