PLEASE link me a site for ALL of my factory Steyr Parts !?!?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by midtnshooter, Jan 20, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I need replacements for extractors, springs, barrels,etc. Is there a single place where I can go ? If any of you have any recommendations please email me at [email protected]. I am working on a link on my website that will promote SteyrClub.com and a quick reference for all Steyr Parts. Not just placed that "could" sale items. For example, Galco Leathers has a holster for my weapon. The holster is for a 9mm not a 40 ca. Great holster, bad measurements. Please send all of your links to me.... [email protected]

Take Care,
    Aaron

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

parts supply is regulated for warranty service rather than sales.
    it sucks.

if your a ffl or smith or know those who are might be able to get them. if anything breaks send it into SteyrArms in Georgia and they will fix it and ship it back. the ones in Georgia are the ones you would contact as well.

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Aaron :)

I got this email from Oliver Bauer, MBA/Sales Manager, Steyr-Mannlicher Austria.

This email was in response to an email I sent Steyr-Mannlicher when the SHOT had just started and Jack Riddle and SAI weren't there in a booth that had been reserved for SAI, but they were a no-show. <sigh> IMHO, Big Fu*kin' Mistake :!: If you don't mind, send Oliver Bauer an email to see what he will answer you. What I do know from personal experience is that Jack Riddle at SAI has sent me a few parts including an extractor, extractor spring, front and rear sights, mag base plates. He has been offering that a list of available parts is "on the way", but that has yet to happen. I know that he is a bit frustrated with parts availability. Exactly "why" is unknown to me. I get emails from S-M sayin' parts are availible thru Jack Riddle and Jack says he has kinda limited supply and needs them for his service dept. <shrug> But for now, the best answer to your question is SAI for parts and service. 8-O

Hey... :idea:

I encourage any and all SC Members to email your questions directly to Oliver Bauer, to make a point that American Steyr Owners are concerned to know "what parts are available and from whom"? And, in no uncertain terms. :!:

I'd like to think this little ploy may prod the parrent company to take care of their Sons & Daughters. Jack and SAI has been nothing but helpful and I applaud his many efforts taking care of American Steyr Owner's interests. For whatever the reason, right this minute, his hands seem to be tied by Steyr-Mannlicher's inability to send him what he needs to make a proper go of his ability to service S-M products and to provide parts, simultaneously. I personally would like to have a few spare parts on hand, anything that wears, anything likely to needs periodic replacement. I'd love to know what's available, thru whom, and how much to my door. But, that's just me. <shrug> That oughtta do it. 8) Hava good weekend, Aaron and post what ya find out.

Cya.

Wulf

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Wulf, how many mag baseplates did you get? 8-O

Which baseplates were they, too, the 12rd M40?

I has an idee.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Thunder* :)

The base plates I got from SAI were the 12-rounder type. I put them on some of my 10-rounder M357 factory mags to convert them to S Series Hicappers. Don't ask me what they cost, tho. Jack sent them to me free of charge for the hicapper mag conversion R&D projects that I did. As I have said, Jack has been an avid supporter and a real asset to American Steyr Owners. I haven't been able to get an available parts list or prices. I do know that it erks Jack not to be able to send me that info. I think he's strapped tryin' to keep sufficient inventory for the service dept. I can't imagine where the parts inventory is going to if indeed they are funneled directly from S-M Austria to SAI. <shrug> I'm kinda wonderin' if there isn't a covert supply line leak diverting the parts supply inventory from the American marketplace. 8-O Sorry to sound so much like a conspiricy theorist. <shrug> I can't help ya any more than that. :roll: Hava good weekend.

Wulf

6. midtnshooter

Thanks For The Heads Up and Replies

I sent off the email to Oliver and asked for the same things you all have. I believe in the skweekey wheel theory. I have read alot of tips and all that each of you have posted. Much gratitudes to each of you and hope to meet you one day soon. If your ever in the Middle Tennessee area, I'd like to take ya'll out for a nice steak. BUT, if you live in the middle Tennessee area, you can buy your own damn steak. Take Care, Aaron

P.S. How do I post my cool art like ya'll do? One of ya'll had a cool movie animation posted. For everyone using a laptop. DO NOT SAVE THIS MOVIE AS A DESKTOP WHILE USING YOUR WHOLE SCREEN !!!! Your computer's resources STOP in it's tracks. Like my pistol upgrades.

Again, Thanks, Aaron

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

either upload the file in the gallery or find a site dedicated to web hosting. usually isp's have a small upload space for there customers.

some people use http://imageshack.us/ to store photos.

8. midtnshooter

Thanks for the lesson

I'll link it to space on my server. New question.... Will the stainless rod (without being cative) work properly?

9. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

captive rods are just a convenience for assembly and disassembly outside of that doesnt do anything. I broke the polymer end on my main M40 pistol so its no longer captive works fine just a little more fun putting the spring and rod back on on reassembly. went and took measurements of it to make a metal guide rod. got some rods made but never gathered the gusto to try any of them.

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Bigtaco should have some ss guide rods available PDQ. Be on the lookout.

Wulf