Pimp my Sights

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ChillyWilly, Sep 29, 2007.

1. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

It is my impression that there are some guys with quite a bit of inginuity and drive to make things happen (Big Taco, Luvmy40, the dude who did that hellified melt job on his grip - sorry I can't remember your name). So I was thinking there are no triangular night sights available and I really have grown to respect and appreciate the stock design....but I find myself wanting night sights...solution....make'um....so I started to do a little researching and came across a post (I can't remember where) that asked about replacement of a vial and thought...well, what if we drill a new home in our sights and....

buy a Trijicon shotgun bead.
    Drop it in a bottle of muriatic acid.
    the acid eats away the metal around the tritium vial.
    carefully fish out the tritium vial and peel away the glue or silicone from it.
    Glue or silicone the vial in the place of the dead one in the suit sights tritium holder....
    It works, and you can get different colors;-)

So, as I am not knowledgeable of these things....what is the opinion of you guys in the know....is the above possible without spending a grand to do it? Or is this a dream.....Sound easy? Hard? Pointless? Any and all opinions welcome....

Thanks

Jerry

2. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

You go, Chilly*! :p

Make it happen, Dude. :p We need some new blood chippin' in on the tri-trap night sights project. Hell, ever'body wants 'em! :shock: PM me if ya want details on what's been tried to date, what didn't work and what's in the works. My fiber optic tri-trap night sights project was a flop, IMHO...and I tried my best, Bro. :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It needs a triangular cover lens with some very trick light properties over a tritium vial for the front sight. The OEM tri-trap back sight housing is pretty tricky ta drill out w/out totally fubarin' it. :shock: I've destroyed way more back sights than BT, so far. :roll: But, if he had more to work w/, he'd have had more to destroy! :twisted: Do it, Bro...make it the fuck happen. :p However I can help, count me in!

Wulf <-- diggin' new blood on the scene

4. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Ahh, so you have already tried some stuff with the sights? I will take a look

So what happened to the sight itself?
    Is the sight metal and if so why did your break out in the rear like that?
    Also any ideas on if the muriatic acid is a real possibility?
    Anyone know how and what night sights are made of....if the muriatic acid is a no go maybe if I have some more info I can find something else?
    Where can I get some stock sights to do the damage to?

Thanks

Jerry