Pictures of XD45 and PT1911

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by aubie515, May 17, 2007.

1. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I wanted to share some pictures of my newly refinished XD45 and PT1911. I posted them to a PA forum and the XDforum. I didn't want to post the same pictures on 30 forums, but I wanted the folks at SC to see what you can do with some KG Gunkote.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice.
    How is the 1911 performing?
    Does the XD have a high bore axis the way they seem to look?

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Looking good, aubie! Thanks for sharing!

4. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Thanks Syn

The XD's bore axis is higher compared to the Steyr pistols. Ever XD that I ever shot was very accurate. Even after I replaced the factory sights with Ameriglo night sights the pistol still shoots POI. I was afraid that changing out the sights may change my POI.

I haven't had the opportunity to take out the pistols since refinishing them last night. We had storms here in PA, so if it's just rain without the lighting, I plan on taking both pistols out for a run.

5. smores

smores Guest

I sort of like the matte tan finish on that XD. It's honestly the first XD I've seen that didn't make me want to throw up ;)

6. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Appearence is always dependent on the person looking at the firearm. All I know is that those XD's shoot very well. I like the looks of the XD over the Glocks anyday.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I just don't like the recoil of the XD vs. M-A1. I rented a 4" 9mm XD at my local range to see what all the fuss was about and there was markedly more perceived recoil coming off the XD than my Steyr or my buddy's bone stock M9A1. Marketing, competitive pricing, and free "gear" with your purchase go a long way towards building a name in the American market, it seems. Sure wish Steyr-Mannlicher followed Springfield's example...

8. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I found the XD45 Service to have light recoil compared to say a Glock. I did use CCI Blazer Brass which I also found to be loaded very light compared to the Remington/UMC ammo sold at Walmart.

I agree about the free gear. It is crap and I never used it. I dislike kydex products and the stuff that came with my XD was useless to me. I only paid $450 for the pistol NIB, so I couldn't complain about the price. How can one beat a 13+ 1 45ACP?

9. SELFDEFENSE

When they first came out were they the HS 2000 or such. And something like $298?
    The cost of advertising and free goodies.

10. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I've seen them as low as $250 when they first came on the scene. That's what Armalite is trying to do with the AR 24 (CZ clone).

11. SELFDEFENSE

aubie:

Have you seen or shot the AR 24?

12. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I handed the AR 24 and wasn't very impressed. It is heavier than the CZ and I don't see any added benefits of buying an AR 24 over the original CZs. Price point is almost identical to the CZs as well. I am seeing mixed reviews on the AR 24...some love them...some dislike them...as with almost every firearm ever invented, you are going to get both sides of the story.

13. SELFDEFENSE

Too bad. I was hoping it might be an interesting addition to the stable of choices.
    Thanks.