pics, links, etc.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Shooter, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I don't know if this has ever been covered here. I'm relatively computer literate, but don't know how to include photos or url's, links into messages. I've tried putting a pic/quote on my account info, but nothing comes up. Other then using APPLE as my computer (sometimes makes a differnce), I'm not progressing on this front. Any help appreciated. I don't think I saw any of this info in the tutorial/info section.......that would be a useful tutorial I think...... :?

2. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

URL's are pretty much automatic.

http://www.steyrclub.com gets converted to a link without any action on your part.

For images you need a tag, and the image needs to be hosted on the net somewhere. Use the tag to insert your picture. the tag below is what I put in my signature to get the pic to show up. I added 2 astrix so that it would show as text and not pull the image.

[img*]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p51af3e9e561f1e4479a2aab781332cfa/f4ab35f9.gif[*/img]

Try it yourself, cut and paste the above tag into your next post, remove the astrix's and see how that works for ya. If you want to post a different image, just put the full address between the [img] tags.

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

in the Forum Issues section avatars and pics are covered.

for links what i usually do is open a new tab in my browser, call up the bookmark and then cut the adress bar; close other tab and paste the adress

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Thanks...........Now to find amusing pics...... :lol:

5. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

wow.......overlooked that one.......but I do stop and ask for directions..... :lol:

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

WorldPax, Tom looks like he got hyped on "speed"....... :lol:

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

That's why, never looked closely at TOP Ten.......just tutorials and info.