pgh ipsc

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by bigtaco, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

I wanted to extend an invite to an ipsc shoot i'm going to. it's october 11. any steyroid lurkers around pittsburgh interested in run and gun fun give a shout.

come to shoot or just give it a look to see what it's all about.

there will definitely be two of us shooting steyrs so come on and check it out.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i feel weird replying to my own thread but it looks like there will be three confirmed steyroids at mcdonald sportsman club for the oct. 11 ipsc shoot.

are you the fourth? trying to be all shy about it? c'mon out! you know me as bigtaco but after hearing them score me you'd swear my name was mike! hahaha

3. Stonewally

Stonewally New Member

Im going! This is my first match. I will extend the BT invite a little. Any fellow ohioans looking to try out a match can catch a ride with me. Leaving Youngstown/ Warren area around 7 am. Its only about a 1.5 hr drive. I cant wait!

Additional info for other match virgins:

Only $15, need a holster, bring about 150 rnds or so of your own ammo.

http://www.ipsc.org/psguide.htm is a simple breakdown of the rules and procedures that BT sent me a few weeks ago.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

with regards to ammo, i still like, "100 for shooting, 50 for missing"

the "rule" is not to leave steel standing. but if they put that 4" piece of steel out at 35 yards again... i'm all, "shooter done".

no one else chiming in? waterworks wally world and gander mountain in west mifflin both have ammo... if that sways you.

c,mon down. i'll be the guy in the BIG TACOma, with a steyr on my hip.

bring eye and ear protection and check it out.

5. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

I would but its a bit far to drive for a day trip.
    Ya know from Daytona Beach and all.

Have a good time and may you be smooth and steady.