Steyr Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around for my first pistol that will eventually be used as a CCW and I've narrowed it down to a few options. One of which is obviously the caracal, but my problem is that I cannot find a reputable IWB holster for one. I know RKBA makes one but I can't find anything about them either good or bad from people that use/have them. That's really my only concern that might completely knock this otherwise amazing (souding) pistol out of the running. Anyone know of any other manufacturers of IWB holsters that might crossover from other pistols, or have first hand experience with one of the RKBA units?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can find some pretty good reviews and opinions of RKBA holsters on CaracalForum.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
27 Posts
RKBA made me an IWB back in Fed for my DB9 and I am more than happy with it. Really like the holster and it is quite comfortable. Id get another one without a second thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently received an RKBA IWB hybrid holster. It came within a few weeks of ordering it and the quality is top notch. Cant beat the price either, imo.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Blade-Tech also makes holsters for the C and F Caracals. I have one of their IWB rigs for my C, and a OWB drop-leg rig for my F+M6X. You don't get much more "reputable" than Blade-Tech. :lol: Their rigs are great!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Blade-Tech also makes holsters for the C and F Caracals. I have one of their IWB rigs for my C, and a OWB drop-leg rig for my F+M6X. You don't get much more "reputable" than Blade-Tech. :lol: Their rigs are great!
They do make good stuff.

I looked at some of their examples to give me inspiration for my design.

Now I'll just have to see how good it turns out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats not exactly a personal hangup.. thats a minor inconvenience. My personal hangup is buying a product from the UAE. Its not like we are enemies with the Emirates, but our philosophies on life tend to be vastly different. Wife-beating being legal, among other questionable lifestyle customs, is more cause for concern regarding personal hangups.. Therefore, I will stick with other reputable manufacturers. If you like the product, by all means enjoy it as your next gun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My personal hangup is buying a product from the UAE. Its not like we are enemies with the Emirates, but our philosophies on life tend to be vastly different
Yes. And we buy oil from scumbags too. America consumes over 6 billion barrels of oil per year. So, when thinking about the economy of the UAE (or Saudi Arabia or wherever), how much impact does the net price of a Caracal really have when compared to the price of a single barrel of oil? How many barrels of oil does every American consume without ever once thinking about the living conditions in some of the countries?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes. And we buy oil from scumbags too. America consumes over 6 billion barrels of oil per year. So, when thinking about the economy of the UAE (or Saudi Arabia or wherever), how much impact does the net price of a Caracal really have when compared to the price of a single barrel of oil? How many barrels of oil does every American consume without ever once thinking about the living conditions in some of the countries?
You make a good point, however you can always shop around for other gas stations such as BP or Hess, buy a hybrid, etc.
The caracal to me has more of a stigma because it is a weapon produced by the arabs. I wouldn't by a Maadi either, so sue me.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Personally, I think that each of us should follow their own conscience.

Long, long ago, before I lived in CH, I had an almost catonically rigid view of the "Eastern Block." "They" were the enemy. Then I met real people and learned the difference between what I thought I knew, and what really was. The most telling point was when the Head of the Department of Solid State Physics of the University of Prague told me that when his colleagues finally got their Tektronix oscilloscope, one of them cried, saying, "It could be like this in our land too." Now it is.

There are Arabs all over the world who don't beat their wives, who think it is wrong, and who work to change things. We won't hear about them, unless somehow it would sell papers or TV time.

Commerce makes it hard for isolationists of any flavor to keep people ignorant. Information leaks, good ideas leak, and they leak into areas of darkness. If you don't think so, ask yourself how the Iron Curtain fell, when no shots were fired. It fell because of the power of ideas.

If you don't like ideas that involve the loss of human rights, get involved, get vocal, get active. Boycotts work sometimes, but replacing bad ideas with good ideas works all the time, provided the good ideas are clear, concise, and well presented.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Who is to say that the people who work in other western countries factories manufacturing different branded products aren't beating their wives?nobody knows!

I do agree with you though, personally i think that when we consume products of any kind we should try to ensure that its country of origin is at the very least agreeable to the basic Christian principles that our own countries laws were based on

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have one of the PW Arms M9-A1s that has polished up very nicely. I am going to stick with Steyr and my next pistol will be a L9-A1.

Plus, I have a Walther PPQ with a trigger that is just about perfect. I also have a couple of great CZs, so I do not have a lot of need for another 9mm pistol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Who is to say that the people who work in other western countries factories manufacturing different branded products aren't beating their wives?nobody knows!

I do agree with you though, personally i think that when we consume products of any kind we should try to ensure that its country of origin is at the very least agreeable to the basic Christian principles that our own countries laws were based on
Im not Christain, so that free's me up to buy quality firearms from the heathen nations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
a whole lot of ignorance on display, sad!

·
Registered
632 Posts
a whole lot of ignorance on display, sad!
People think because one person is bad, that means all of them are bad.

UAE has a lot of money and invest in people to make a profit. To bad we dont have any investors here in the US and quality engineers to back them up for decent pay.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.