Parts: Who and what?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Buzz, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I apologize if this is in the wrong category.

Today as I bought Lightning Strike stainless steel guide rods for three Glocks I got to thinking about the plastic recoil rod of the Steyrs and thought that I recalled someone was going to produce them. Then that got me to thinking that I've heard a number of other people who are working towards creating parts for. Rather than a disjointed search I though maybe it would be useful (to me at least) to have a list of who is making what. I plan on utilizing the items produced by members of this group and would love to have something to refer to so I know waht to expect in the future.

So, I guess please sound off as to what you are working on and maybe when we can expect to see the results (meaning no pressure at all!).

Buzz

2. zero

zero New Member

i would love to see these parts made since steyr's support is questionable.
    i love my m9-a1 and i like to keep it for a long time.

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Buzz,
    that's just gone around and I think there are a few resourceful people here that are working on parts situation.....Hopefully in the near future it will come together..........

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Hey Shooter. I'd just love to know what parts are being worked on. It doesn't even have to be stating who is working on them. I can understand folks not wanting to identify themselves as they will then be put on the spot to produce, but some idea of what is in the works would be helpful and may well eliminate duplicated effort.

Buzz

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Buzz,
    I think their are people working on springs, pins, and SS guide rods, as well as nite sites or optic sites.......there names are in the posts. I don't want to get them wrong so I won't try and remember who said what...

6. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread, but I didn't want to start another parts thread so close to this one....

What is the current source for Steyr repair/replacement parts? I seem to recall that they had springs and things listed on their website, then reorganized their website when they discontinued the M & S for the A1s, etc...

Is Steyr still directly selling parts for the M & S?

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

that was the old service in Iowa. SteyrArmsInc in Georga handles service though doesnt sell parts. have a problem contact them will probably want you to send it in.

contact info is around the forum somewhere and stickied at the top try maintenance section

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

stainless guide rods are close. very close. i'm doing live fire tolerance testing tomorrow, just to be 100% positive.

they will more than likely be available at the end of next week.

since i know better than to sell anything in this forum, look for more info in the "firearm accessories for sale" forum in the upcoming days.

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Great to hear it, *taco :p

You rock, Dude! Put me in line for onna them. Also, do ya need my S9-A1 guide rod? The factory is steel, but not stainless steel. <shrug> Gotta tell ya, though, this little beauty is so far flawless! Never skips a beat. I can't wait for my new S357-A1 :!: "Yipecaye, Mo'fo!"

Wulf <-- Dancin' the Steve Martin Happy Feet dance

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Ditto on that one Mr Wulf........BigT count me in on at least one of those, probably more................. :D

11. LHD

LHD New Member

So, my new M357-A1 I'm receiving on Mon Mar 5 will have a plastic guide rod? Hmmm....didn't know that.

I've had several stainless steel guide rods made for Kel-Tec P11's for my buddies and myself here at work (I work in a Machine Shop), guess I'll have some made for the Steyr as well. The one's I had machined for the Kel-Tec's were out of 304 S/S (because it's easily machined) and I had them passivated. They work fine and it's easy to mass produce here at work on CNC Lathes.