Parts & repairs

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Munodi, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Munodi

Munodi New Member

So if I finally break down this week & buy a Steyr pistol, where will I get parts & repairs if Steyr gives up on the US market?

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Munodi :)

For now, SAI. We've been informed that the first week in march, an announcement from Steyr-Mannlicher's new and improved marketing staff should be released targeted at informing the American market place of their new plans. We're kinda waitin' to hear with fingers crossed what we can look forward to now that more ambitious American marketing-savy owners are at the helm. Stay tuned. :)

Wulf

3. Munodi

Munodi New Member

Dilemma

Thanks, Wulf, for your reply, but the situation does leave me in a dilemma, doesn't it. If I buy the Steyr now, I could find myself without parts and repairs later; if I put off buying the pistol until the Steyr company gets itself in order, I could lose the good deal offered by CDNN.

4. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Munodi!

IMHO, it would be worse to miss out on a spectacular deal.

Most Steyr owners have never had a problem one!
    _______
    mugdava

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Or just wait until March - I sincerely doubt they will be out. In fact, weren't they talking about further reducing the price to $299?

6. smores

smores Guest

If you can even buy one of these guns go ahead and do it. I'm sure SAI will handle any issues. Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't obtain a new M40-A1 since no one selling them on GunBroker or GunsAmerica has the factory-fired shell casings, and CDNN will not transfer anything into my state.... but I'd grab one up now "while the getting's good."

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

....okay, I am not very smart.... so I must ask; "Why would anyone care if they had the factory fired shell casing?"....

8. smores

smores Guest

State law.... every new gun must have a captured shell casing fired at the factory for filing in the MD State Police ballistic fingerprinting labs.

Tomorrow I'm going to the state capital to show my opposition to the proposed Assault Weapons Ban for our state. The governor said he'll sign it if it passes the state senate... and the attorney general is persuading lawmakers to pass it. :evil:

Hopefully we can change their minds :roll:

9. Angel

Angel Guest

Wow

I can understand the need for such a database, but in the expense of creating such inconvenience to the general public? That's absurd!

If they want a shell casing of the gun, they should equip the police stations with ballistics chambers and record the casing themselves.

And may I ask, what does a 12 round 9mm magazine have to do with an Assault Weapons Ban? And why 10 rounds, not 12 or 15 or 7 or 8. Such idiocy. I know I am preaching to the choir here.

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Re: Dilemma

You will find that your Steyr pistol is the coolest firearm you own......I have three and if I could justify buying two more I would........for 350, I think its worth the risk........as those here will tell you.........It's hard for me not to pick up the phone.......... :wink: