Part #45 front or back?

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by armored, Jun 27, 2006.

1. armored

armored New Member

I removed my fireing pin assembly to polish the parts. One of the parts #45 described as the weight, was one of the parts I polished.
    Now I'm not sure what side faces the front and what side faces the rear. There is a bevel on one side.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I'm looking at the parts list. I haven't dissasembled mine lately, but I'm thinking the beveled end fits the spring end.....try it and see how the fit is.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

having done some experimenting i'm confident in saying it will work in either direction. however...

the manual shows the bevel facing the spring very clearly. but...

everything i've ever learned about springs says that the flat side should face the spring. further supporting this is that the bevel on the weight closely matches the internal bevel in the firing pin.

with these two bevels matching up, and the spring riding on a flat surface, the weight is assured of traveling straight down the guide rod without twisting. which is very desirable for trigger feel and avoiding scratches in your guide rod.

so i now say that the spring rides against the flat part ofthe weight and the beveled end faces the firing pin.

4. armored

armored New Member

Thanks,your logic reasures me. That is the way I re-assembled the assembly. The trigger really feels good now. a consistant light break with no gritty feeling or creep.