Paddle holster from Blue Line Leather

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Ungarotonto, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Ungarotonto

Ungarotonto Guest

After 10 weeks of waiting (instead of 5-6), yesterday I received the Corporal Punishment holster for my M9-A1. Open top, black rh, a little tight but seems well done. Of course time will tell..... I'll use it for carry and IDPA.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

When it comes to leather holsters, tight is always better.
    It will break in over time and be just right.

3. Ungarotonto

Ungarotonto Guest

Blue Line Leather Paddle holster follow up

After using the M9-A1 BLL Corporal Punishement Paddle holster for a couple days here are my findings on 1 to 5 scale:

Finish overall: 4
    Presentation from holster: 4
    Reholster: 3
    Comfort: 2.5 !
    Concealibility: 2

I did not find this holster comfortable nor well concealable. The paddle part is thick, but stable. Digs into me at 3 or 4 o'clock as well. Crossdraw? Forget it!
    I carry my 220 in a comp-tac paddle with more comfort and better concealed.
    The part of the holster that holds the A1 is well made, somehow I would like to mate it to a different, thinner paddle, plastic or leather. We'll see....

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Another one for the dreaded holster drawer?

5. Ungarotonto

Ungarotonto Guest

Certainly has the potential heading that way.... I am waiting to see other reviews, opinions from other steyroids, so finally I can have a good carry holster for this baby. A VM2 would be nice but the wait is outragious...

6. Ungarotonto

Ungarotonto Guest

Blue Line Leather paddle hack

Before this holster was heading towards the holster drawer, I gave it another chance...javascript:emoticon(':idea:')
    Idea. Removed the thick, uncomfortable paddle and screwed on a disassembled Fobus paddle. Guess what? I have a more stable, more comfortable holster javascript:emoticon(':D')
    Very Happy

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Good save. Maybe Blue Line ought to take note.