Ordered my Blade-tech UCH. Lead time is 3-4 wks

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by matt13, Apr 26, 2007.

1. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

I just ordered my Blade-Tech UCH about 2 mins ago. The confirmation email says lead time is 3-4 weeks now. When I ordered my paddle about a month ago it said 6-8 weeks. I'll update when it comes in and let you guys know how long it actually took.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They can be pretty flakey with the lead time, but it sounds like you are painfully aware of that. They messed up a mag carrier I ordered and swore I'd have it back in 2 weeks - it's been at least a month now. Come to think of it, I should probably call them...

Be sure to post a review after you've had a chance to try it out a few times. :)

3. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

At least they warned me before I ordered! I would have been pissed if i had ordered it and then found out it was a six week wait.

I will post a review after I've carried it for a week or two. I'm sure the quality will be excellent based on the paddle holster.

4. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

I received an email on the 7th stating that the holster was finished and being shipped. If the tracking information is correct i should have it tomorrow which will make it two weeks from order to delivery. I'll update again when I have it in hand.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"two weeks from order to delivery.."
    ---------------------------------------------
    From Balde Tech?? :shock:

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wow - incredible delivery time! :shock: :shock: :shock:

7. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Apparently Fed-ex's delivery estimation was wrong. The holster was waiting when I got home.

I've already tried it out :D and it fits great. Now if my new cc license would show up I'd be set. 8)

Here's the timeline, times are in CST. For those of you paying attention, I posted earlier that I received an email on the 7th indicating that the product was finished and shipped. However, the Fed-Ex tracking system shows that the package was received for shipping on May 3 so that's what the timeline shows.

Ordered April 26 @ approx 1700
    Shipped May 3 @approx 1900
    Delivered May 9 @ approx 1400

:shock: I think that makes 13 days!!!! :shock:

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

Not bad, seems like BT may have gotten caught up and has it together getting goods out.

9. raydoctor

raydoctor New Member

I got my UCH in about 18 days from the time I ordered it. I wonder if Bladetech is getting caught up as a result of a larger number people ordering from Comp-Tac. I'm happy with my UCH (beggers aren't choosers when it comes to holsters for these Steyrs) but it doesn't hold a candle to the Infidels and CTACS I have for my other guns from Comp-Tac.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I doubt Comp-Tac has anything to do with Blade-Tech's delivery time, as both have been around for quite some time and Comp-Tac products have never been any more of a secret than Blade-Tech stuff. I actually prefer my UCH's to my C-TACs, but gun/holster combo's work at different levels for different people with varying builds, preferences, etc...