OR State IDPA match Sept 6th, taking M40A1

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I'm registered and classified for the OR state match. I decided on using the M40A1 with minor PF .40 loads, it's a 170 gr at about 845 fps. Seems to shoot well for me, and is soft. My 9mm load seems to be a bit inaccurate, and needs some work.

2. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

ThaiBoxer -- If by chance you happen to see a relatively full-modified M40-A1 there at the tournament... one with a magna-ported barrel, with hard chromed slide and controls... and which has a 'speckled' sort of paint finish on its polymer lower (with matching mags), and with a Docter Red Dot optic on the slide.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I have a sinking suspicion that Springer Precision LLC (which also happens to be located in Oregon) might be dragging my pistol around to these such events... and either physically using it in the competitions, or having it out for sales display purposes.

Like I said, if by chance you see a Steyr M40-A1 configured as mentioned, please let me know.... I would be hugely indebted to you.

~Gary

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008

3. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

OK, I'll look. Ported barrels are not permitted in IDPA, so it would only be on the display tables.

4. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Thaiboxer -- Thank you Ben. I hugely appreciate it.

:)

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Springer Precison was there, and had XDs out. No Steyr. Scott Springer was there too. He had his little 3 mos old boy with him most of the time.

6. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Thanks again Ben.

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Good to learn that Scott isn't... exploiting or otherwise wrongfully utilizing my M40-A1.

Guess.... I should have my head checked. :p

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Gary, did you get your Steyr back, and how is it?