Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a L9A1 I had cut by L&M who has since retired although he has said he would be willing to talk to another shop to help them and maybe do something small if he ever gets his shop setup again. Unfortunately with him retiring it basically eliminated optics cuts for Steyr pistols. When I spoke to a friend at Steyr he said not until the next generation of pistols at the earliest and maybe not even then. While it’s somthing they acknowledge as a short coming at that time it wasnt enough to r/d the change. Every shot show since I have been hoping to get a new version. Since I have taken my milled slide and bare a2 slide to maybe two dozen shops to see if anyone can pull it off. I am told one of two things. Either one, there isn’t enough demand or two, it can’t be done. While I have seen it done by L&M and just missed his retirement by a few weeks with my A2 I can’t convince any to take it on. In my search I did find a guy who said he can do a a2 for a holosun 507k cut. That was Chris at fabricatedarms.com. While I am still looking and appreciate any information anyone finds. I have found one for a specific optic so far and wanted to share and possible hear from any who have found a shop willing to take on the A2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I sure hope they have an optics ready version for the next generation it would seem like a no-brainer in terms of where the market is headed. I might consider doing a 507K but would have to give it some thought. I've had good luck with my Holosun stuff.

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a update I do have mine with fabricated arms for a rmr cut, although I sent in a rmr to acro plate for it. I will post up how it goes with a rmr and when the acro p2 comes out with that as well. I think I have another 6 week wait before I get it back.

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have two more weeks, but I will update when it comes in. I decided to have the slide cut and made into more of a competition gun so it added some time.

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I used L&M prior to him retiring for a dpp on my A1 but since this has been the only place I have found that would do it. That said Wright armory said they would do one with a HK plate but the backup sights on the HK plate might not work. I like the optics plate you are referencing since it doesn’t leave a permanent mark. When I went with this cut I bought another L9A2 since I like the trap sights and wanted my original to stay original.

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it back and out an acro on it. The plate I sent seems to be a bit high compared to other .3 instead of .15 but it functions. Will be taking it to the range tomorrow to test it out
Wood Cross Font Rectangle Tints and shades

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got it back and out an acro on it. The plate I sent seems to be a bit high compared to other .3 instead of .15 but it functions. Will be taking it to the range tomorrow to test it out View attachment 4938
Just to clarify, that is an RMR cut on the A2 done by fabricated arms? I've been calling and emailing around local machine shops in my area and have had no luck as well. The former head machinist at dynamic weapon solutions told me he could do it, but he left the business before getting mine done (long story behind that one)

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,
Yes, rmr cut, the fabricated arms cut is higher then the L&M precision (retired) but it retains the loaded chamber indicator where the L&M did not. I did have to email him as it was not an option on the website but he will do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts