Steyr Club Forums banner
3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbob68 
#1 ·
Anybody have one of these cheap 1911's? I've seen new Llama MAX .45 pistols for a little over $200. I know you get what you pay for, but sometimes there are good values out there, too.

Thanx//

#4 ·
madecov said:
POS and not 100% 1911 interchangeable

If you want inexpensive look at the Rock Island Armory. 100% in spec except for grip bushings and maybe $50.00-60.00 more

http://forums.1911forum.com/
I used to have a Rock and loved it. Those Llamas are so cheap, but I'm just curious how they perform.

#5 ·
no personal experience...but

Seem to recall that LLama and Bersa are of the same parent company...at least they share a webpage anyway......and the Bersa .380 Firestorms (thunder...whatever name they now have) are pretty well regarded....in fact the .380 thunder is high on my list for future purchases...the one i looked at a few months ago had better fit and finish than i ever would have expected for a $199 gun.....i damn near bought it...

No idea about the LLama quality though...may come from a completely different factory.

G

G
#10 ·
I have a Llama 1911 in .32. Great little pea-shooter that I inherited. Obviously not interchangeable and it needed a little work (was ejecting shells at my eyes) but it's been trustworthy but I don't know how it would compare with the new Llamas. Llama and Bersa are both owned by Beretta now aren't they?

#11 ·
No, Llama and Bersa are still independent companies.

Bersa is in Argentina and all of the products are pretty decent.

Llama is in Spain and was not part of the Star / Astra merger. I wish the new company (Astar) had a US importer. I love my Star and Astra pistols. Those are high quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.