ONG reporting in

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Dublin Lee, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Dublin Lee

Dublin Lee New Member

Hello from the sunshine capital of the world, Astoria,Or.:eek: Just picked up a M40 A1 but have been unable to shoot yet. Wanted to say hi and thanks for the site, a wealth of information. Dlee :tinfoil:

2. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Lee :)

Welcome ta The Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

"...sunshine capital of the world", eh?! Uhh, yeah, right....

In the summer of '99, I helped a lady friend move to Astoria in onna them Uhaul trucks an' had my scooter loaded up as well, for the return trip home to Colorado. Long story short, helped 'er unload then hauled ass back. The whole time I was there, it was like God turned the ocean 90 degrees an' I had ta drive thru it! Wasn't til I got about 300 miles away from Astoria that I started dryin' back out.

It was a nice town, tho and everything was so green.

Keep us in the loop with how you're M40-A1 performs with whatever ammo you're shootin'.

Oh, an' don't forget ta do a thorough cleanin' an' lubin' before ya take 'er ta the range.

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- threw 'is Astoria bought brain bucket away at the Oregon State Line

4. Ma Jarrett

Ma Jarrett New Member

Dlee, did you pick your pistol up locally or have it shipped in?

And welcome to Steyr Club! I don't know if I should be welcoming anyone, though, as I don't even have a Steyr yet .... :chair:

5. jhb

jhb Member

Welcome back from another sunshine capital....and famed home of voters in big cities who can't figure out how to vote even with help;)....floriduh.

Enjoy your steyr.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Ma*

Course ya can welcome other Club Bros! An' jump the Hell in ifn ya need info or just wanna add to wassup.

We have other members here that don't have Steyrs yet or have sold 'em for somethin' they'd rather have. The important thing is that we are all here for each other, IMHO.

Take care.

Wulf <-- not solely partial ta Steyr products, there are lotsa great firearms manufacturers out there besides Steyr that are deserving of Steyrclub Members' interests :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. Dublin Lee

Dublin Lee New Member

Ma: I purchased it from the online gun auction, a lad from Texas. It is sweet. I will shoot it in the AM, from my hillbilly range. I put a few targets that i can shoot from my veranda. ( pisses my wife off). dlee

8. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub! I love the idea of shooting from the veranda! Makes policing the brass that much easier. I found out by accident that some types of Astroturf do a good job of catching brass. Now if I only knew what the brand was...

9. Ma Jarrett

Ma Jarrett New Member

dlee, I will prob'ly have to do an online sale as well. My local gun store (who offers layaway) has not had a used one come through the shop.

You know, if more of us were able to still shoot from our porches, America would be better off!

And Wulf, thank you for your support! My favorite pistol is the 1911, but I finally broke down and got a Glock 19 (haven't actually fired it yet). I do want my next purchase to be a Steyr S-40 .... :)

10. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Ma, you'll love an S40. I have one, probably my favorite gun! Great shooter, comfortable in the hand, and easy to conceal. What more can you ask for?

11. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!