Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guy's think of the c9-a2? I have the M9 ,love it. Just was would like a little feed back. How's the snap recoil? How's the Concealment?

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Love it, it’s what I carry every day. That said the difference from a M9 is minimal if both are a A2. Is the M9 is a a1 then I say very worth it for a A2. If you have a M9A2 then all you are changing is .5 inch on the slide. I find the C9A2 to conceal pretty easy most times but the bigger issue to conceal is the full-size grip which is the same as the M9. So the C9 is more comfortable sitting in the car maybe but grip wise your in the same position and with most holsters you aren’t changing where the grip sits but how low the slide goes. So conceal wise meh, pretty close. Now in summer in the desert I where sports gear then it’s a bit harder and at times I carry something smaller so every bit helps but not a major issue. Here is a M9A2 in a C9A2 holster for comparison. Same grip so what protrudes is what you save. Now I do like to have a C9A2 on me. M9A2 next to the bed and the L9A2 in the competition bag. But that’s a different question. Recoil side, is the L smoother then the M yes, is the M smoother then the C yes. Now is it a big deal, not really no. Overall Steyr’s aren’t very snappy which is partly from the bore axis. If I shoot a L back to back with a C it’s noticeable but not problematic. M and C less noticeable. No matter what you go with it’s really not going to be snappy, just a little more so then the M or L but less so then many competitors. I typically run 147 through my 9mm’s and it’s not what I would call snappy. To me snappy starts at .40s/w and you won’t be near that with a steyr 9mm. You can look at the dpp recoil springs but I found those to only be reliable after 115 grain

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love it, it’s what I carry every day. That said the difference from a M9 is minimal if both are a A2. Is the M9 is a a1 then I say very worth it for a A2. If you have a M9A2 then all you are changing is .5 inch on the slide. I find the C9A2 to conceal pretty easy most times but the bigger issue to conceal is the full-size grip which is the same as the M9. So the C9 is more comfortable sitting in the car maybe but grip wise your in the same position and with most holsters you aren’t changing where the grip sits but how low the slide goes. So conceal wise meh, pretty close. Now in summer in the desert I where sports gear then it’s a bit harder and at times I carry something smaller so every bit helps but not a major issue. Here is a M9A2 in a C9A2 holster for comparison. Same grip so what protrudes is what you save. Now I do like to have a C9A2 on me. M9A2 next to the bed and the L9A2 in the competition bag. But that’s a different question. Recoil side, is the L smoother then the M yes, is the M smoother then the C yes. Now is it a big deal, not really no. Overall Steyr’s aren’t very snappy which is partly from the bore axis. If I shoot a L back to back with a C it’s noticeable but not problematic. M and C less noticeable. No matter what you go with it’s really not going to be snappy, just a little more so then the M or L but less so then many competitors. I typically run 147 through my 9mm’s and it’s not what I would call snappy. To me snappy starts at .40s/w and you won’t be near that with a steyr 9mm. You can look at the dpp recoil springs but I found those to only be reliable after 115 grain View attachment 4431
Thanks brother! Think I'll be grabbing one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts