On The Edge of Blade Runner

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MrApathy, Dec 12, 2006.

1. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

very good video to check out.
    for any Phillip K Dick fans or Blade Runner Fans.
    one hour long good video connection recommended
    has never before seen scene in it.
    they show locations used in the film and its an amazing difference
    between the movie and real life. an amazing transformation.
    they dont make movies like that anymore

video has interviews with cast and director

google video

do androids dream of electric sheep :?:

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

One of my all time favorite movies......... :D

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

which version do you prefer?

I like the ending with the country side drive and the begining where he talks about being a blade running. though I dont have that on the dvd I have. kinda ticks me off cause that version gets aired on tv.

supposed to be a dvd set of bladerunner coming out next year but probably going to be a new format dvd

glad they kept the hospital scene out was lousy.

the futures not new its old.

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I detested the Director's cut. Thought his would be the best, it was the worst IMO........I really need to update this one to DVD, that's how long its been since I have revisited this classic.....think I'll go the Columbia House right now...........thanks for the reminder. Another great movie if you don't own it....."The Lost Battalion" (spelling)........... 8)

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Can't believe it, but Columbia House only has "the director's cut", that sucks, he changed the final scene with the show down of Ford and Ruger on the rooftop. Ruger's awesome final words were deleted. But that was the explanation that made the whole movie..... 8-O Guess I have to visit the local DVD store...................... :roll:

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

best to my knowledge only ending changes was the car scene in the countryside with decker and the chick.

I have the directors cut version it has rutgers words in the end.

just found a website with alot of old films transfered to movie files. worth a look is even some fresh content.

Archive.org Movies

watch for bladerunner dvd set next year

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I know Ruger speaks at the end, but the Director's cut I have has him leaving out one line that makes the film. I wil pull the original out tonite and find the line I'm talking about.