Older Steyr

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by SAS MAYHEM, Oct 17, 2007.

1. SAS MAYHEM

SAS MAYHEM Guest

I might be looking at getting an older Steyr, pistol. that's a few yrs old. What would I look at as far as upgrades if it fires well? Is there any upgrades that it needs to be done? I'm new here.

cheers

2. dabdaworm

dabdaworm Member

Do you know if it is the M series or the M-A1? The M-A1's are newer and have a standard picatinny accessory rail on the front. The M-Series has a proprietary accessory rail (two rectangular indents on each side of the gun) in case you are unsure of which model it was.

As far as upgrades, either gun should be excellent without any tweaking. I know some guys that prefer the older M-Series because it just feels better in their hand.

If you want to get into tweaking, this forum is definitely full of info on what people have done. The most common "upgrade" is probably just a hogue (sp?) grip.

FYI, CDNN Investments has brand new M-A1's for a limited time for $350 (+ shipping & FFL - which is $13 + $15 for me) and depending on your FFL, no taxes. So, unless you are getting the pistol for substantially less than that, I would just get a new one from CDNN.

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you get an M series instead of a MA1, the biggest internal differences I'm aware of that were upgraded for the MA1 are the trigger weight, 8 lbs. for the M vs. 5.5 lbs. for the MA1; plus an extractor upgrade.

And Steyr Arms will install either upgrade for free, trigger or extractor, for any older M that doesn't have them.

But that CDNN deal for $350 a brand-new MA1 in 9mm or .40 S&W is a once-in-this-lifetime deal. :mrgreen:

4. SAS MAYHEM

SAS MAYHEM Guest

I hope to get at a resonable price from my brother in law. He has one, that he has'nt shot it for years. Mainly because he in the Army. So right now it's just sitting locked up, collecting dust. I'll make him a offer and see. If he wants close to the price of a new one then of course I'll grab a new one up. At the gun dealer here has two on the shelf for 357.00+ tax new. I don't know if there were 9mm or 40's

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Hey SAS, where's that gun dealer with the MA1s for $357+ tax? I'm not that far from Goldsboro here in Rockingham and the only dealer locally here who has any MA1s wants $400+ tax. That's worth driving a few miles. :mrgreen:

If I order one from CDNN for $350, I'm up to $390 by the time I pay shipping and FFL transfer fee.

6. SAS MAYHEM

SAS MAYHEM Guest

VT guns in Goldsboro, on HWY 70

7. SAS MAYHEM

SAS MAYHEM Guest

VT guns in Goldsboro, on HWY 70[/quote:3ovg9jmc]

My bad it's WT not vt and here is there website

http://wtsguns.com/wtsshop2.html