Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda odd but when I was a kid in the 80's I had fun watching films on a projector. the audio was usually lousy and it was a messy process but still fun. sometimes we even got a free fireworks show after someone replaced a burnt out bulb in the projector and the film caught fire. 8-O

got a local station thats run by a community college they play bunch of old horrid films. happened to have on Santa Claus Conquers the martions. lousy film but funny kinda like a car or train wreck lousy,ugly but cant turn your head.

looked the film up online and managed to find a website that has alot of public domain and open films going back quite a few years 1930's.

Already I have discovered some interesting movies.
one on Automatic Voting machines from 1957,1957!!
Behind the Freedom Curtain

rural setting about children not very positive kinda classic rural school house like some peoples great grandparents would mention though these kids clearly have shoes.
the children must learn

then a Film on Despotism and Democracy with scales and descriptions of such from 1946. rather interesting.
Despotism 1946 though one thing the films author didnt know about was double think from Orwells book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

good variety of films to wonder through if anybody is interested.

Archive.org
more than just movies too
Animation & Cartoons
Whether you want to watch classic cartoons from a bygone era, Brick Films made with your favorite building toys, Machinima patched together from video games, or the artful computer animations...
397 items
Arts & Music
Collections of arts and music videos, from a burlesque game show to The Coffee House TV arts program, to punk bands and GrooveTV's live performers, are showcased here.
807 items
Computers & Technology
This collection features two television programs popular in the 1980's and 1990's: Computer Chronicles and Net Cafe. In addition, the BBS Documentaries cover the history of Dial-up Bulletin Board...
279 items
Ephemeral Films
Ephemeral films are non-fiction films usually made for educational, industrial, or promotional purposes. The two classic ephemeral film collections found on the Archive are the Prelinger Archives and...
1,016 items
Movies
Watch full-length feature films, classic shorts, world culture documentaries, United States' WWII propaganda, movie trailers, or films created in just ten hours: These options are all featured in...
3,730 items
News & Public Affairs
If you are interested in exploring an analysis of news and public affairs that is independent of traditional corporate media, this News & Public Affairs collection was created for you. From...
158 items
Non-English Videos
Collections of non-English language videos are showcased here. Find an Italian blog, a set of films by the German director Lutz Mommartz, and a collection of French Canadian films created by amateur...
30,619 items
Open Source Movies
You are invited to view or upload videos to the Open Source collection! These thousands of videos were contributed by Archive users and community members. Please select a Creative Commons License...
1,960 items
Prelinger Archives
View nearly 2,000 films from the Prelinger Archives! Prelinger Archives was founded in 1983 by Rick Prelinger in New York City. Over the next twenty years, it grew into a collection of over 48,000...
296 items
Sports Videos
From soccer to sailing, to rock climbing, cheerleading, and underwater hockey: You are invited to watch sports videos contributed by Archive users!
3,301 items
Video Games
All kinds of rare, or difficult to source, legally downloadable video files relating to videogames are collected here. Whether it be EPKs (Electronic Press Kits), Speed Runs, or a multitude of other...
1,691 items
Vlogs
More serious (or at least prolific) vloggers are showcased here. You can learn how to be happy, geocache, run, or play boardgames by watching these vloggers. In addition you can be amused by Betty...
425 items
Youth Media
Videos created by (or which are about) teens and young adults are featured in the Youth Media collection.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, MrA,

Always nice to see where we've been...

I love cheesy, b/w sci-fi flicks!

One movie I've been trying to find from my youth is a black and white film where the aliens had a ray gun that turned Earthlings into skeletons.

-tF

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theFiasco said:
Thanks, MrA,

Always nice to see where we've been...

I love cheesy, b/w sci-fi flicks!

One movie I've been trying to find from my youth is a black and white film where the aliens had a ray gun that turned Earthlings into skeletons.

-tF
trying to find a cheesy movie that aired on hbo or showtime in mid to late 1980's was scifi had kids hiding from robots which for some reason were killing humans. kids hid in junk and scrap piles from robot patrols dressed up in robot junk. not all robots were hostile to humans they had one robot programmed to help them. they were on some sort of giant ship or space station. dont remember everything. only some 20-30 years old though cant find it was better than B quality. is a long time and old data seems to slip through cracks. to quote blade runner lost like tears in the rain.
Thought I might find Steve McQueen in the Blob, but no luck.
might not be in public domain or open source like the stuff at the archive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts