old fart speaking

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by sewerman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

ave, greetings my fellow armed citizens.

i'm sewerman, a retired 55yo mechcanic (diesel and gas) from a city wastewater plant in central florida.
    married with six grown children...4 boys 2 girls. seems like the world has turned upside down recently, three of my sons have delivered or are expecting boys in this pass year!
    hobbies: i reenact 1860-1865 southern infantry solider and 1st century a.d. roman legionaire and archer. brew beer , vint mead ( honey wine) own a few motorcycles,( bmw air heads and oilheads , yamaha 'v' star),

grew up around weapons, 27 year retired army reserve vet, nam vet.
    moved to florida in the dark ages of 1960 before dizzy world ruined central florida.
    living the retired life helping my beautiful multi talented wife run the family business.

got back into gunning after my children were grown. own a steyr M-9
    wonderful weapon ,my favorite! also a g-17 , g-27 ccw.

try to shoot monthly between attacking the honey-do list.

this forum is one of the best and i'm enjoying the holster that i won in the raffle.

keep up the good work and hello to all my fellow steyr owners.
    vale, hoke

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome.
    Geez, old fart at 55. What does that make us 60-year olds?
    Speaking of sewerman, just got finished yesterday watching a few hours of Ed Norton in the complete Honeymooners DVD set I recently bought (sad about that Count DeLaBrioschi :? .)
    Besides my CCW M9, I have a Glock 17L, 19, CZ 40B, Colt 1991-A1, Beretta 950, Ruger Mk. I, Colt 1847 Walker, Colt 1860 Army, and Uberti 1873 Peacemaker. Used to have a Glock 21 and 26, and Cimarron 1873 Army.

3. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

weclome to the aarp

hey selfdefence,
    how's virginia?

used to live in a llttle town not far from where you are , LORTON.

my dad was the training officer for the federal penitentiary at lorton for 30 + years . he retired and that's how i arrived in florida in 1960.

haven't been back since 1974. heard that things have mightily changed up your way. i was at cedar river for the reenactment of first manassas this pass july but didn't make it to lorton.

nice to hear from you.

4. SELFDEFENSE

Sewerman:

Lorton Prison was closed about 5 years ago. Virginia is good, but less good as it gets invaded by more liberals.

Best,
    SD

5. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

the hill closed !
    wow, my dad would've rolled over in his grave if he could hear that!

6. SELFDEFENSE

I bet the people in the little Victorian house right next to the prison's fence were jumping for joy. 200% appreciation in house value overnight.

7. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

yeah for sure!

when i lived there the federal complex consisted of three prison's
    #1 the hill (where dad worked) which was a med-max security prison.
    #2 the work house, which was a short term prison.
    #3 a women's prison.
    later towards the late 50's a newer complex was built to house younger inmates in a colledge like room setting; at the time it was supposed to be the leading edge.
    dad retired before that complex totally went into full scale use.
    my old house was still standing in 74', even had the old beechnut tree with my name carved in by my dad in 1956. man i'm feeling old gotta go!

8. SELFDEFENSE

Now they just let the D.C. prisoners roam around the National Mall and Congress.

9. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

mall rats

yeah ,
    kinda going along with the times.
    helping to increase crime and the homeless population.
    well, there's big money in running prisons, look how many
    people are empolyed in the whole spectrum of the criminal justice system.
    on the other hand.......
    gotta save money in the federal system to support the "war " on terror!!, so let the inmates walk.

i wonder who's protecting the citizens from the terror of our own politicians?

10. SELFDEFENSE

The Supreme Court. :roll:

11. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

that would be a much truer statement if the members of the court were elected by the people instead of custom picked by each ruling regime.