okay so i was bored..pic

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by silversilvia, Aug 12, 2006.

1. silversilvia

silversilvia Guest

well i had a low cap M9 mag that came with the gun. no real reason to use it in my S9. i would probably endure the inch sticking past it if i get more than 14 rounds for range time. so out came my saw and i made another s9 mag, this time with a little finger extension! i used "quick steel" type putty and its pretty hard. ofcourse i am planning to paint it black, but its just the putty color right now.

my next experiment was with a low cap 92FS mag i had lying around. with some snap caps i tried positioning it in the S9 and thought it would work. took it out and dremelled a new mag notch. looks like it will work! i cycled a could of snap caps through it. what am i trying to achieve? 17, 20 or even 30 rounds at the range with beretta mags! next time i am at the range i will try it out. pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

A for effort

Beretta mags dont fit the side walls very well. could try building a sleeve for better fit.

remember long time ago on HS2000talk.com someone built themself a magazine sleeve using sculpey and other oven bake clays

silvia? 240sx conversion?

3. silversilvia

silversilvia Guest

i might try something to get the mag to work. it wiggles slightly, but i don't think enough to make it not function.

oh and the name is the car. i don't drive one but was a user name an Ex-gf of mine picked and i used it for several sites so i just stuck with it.

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Very cool, Silva :)

I can't help but admire someone with creativity enough to think it up and make it happen--realtime. Excellente! Try it out, paint it up and post the new pics ASAP, plz. 8-O Hava good weekend.

Wulf

5. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

believe Silvias are Nissans converted from 180sx,200sx,240sx for racing I have a 240sx myself. fun car except for when you want to do something other than drive

carefull the mag doesnt sit to high and mess up the ejector

6. silversilvia

silversilvia Guest

actually in japan they have Nissan Silvia, and 180SX. silvia being coupe with fixed headlight, and 180sx being hatchback with pop up headlights. they both had the turbo 2.0 liter (SR) used in a lot of the swaps in the states. the 240sx had the 2.4 liter truck engine (KA), and we got pop up headlights for that generation in both trims. this is the S13 i think i am talking about. anyways i am not really into those cars despite my name :) i like older european cars and drive a mid 80's mercedes, very far from any sportiness.

the problem was to actually not get the mag up in high enough, it will hit the ejector. the notch on the mag need to be in the right place and size to lock it in. i didn't have problem with verticle movement with the beretta mag, but like you said the side by side wiggle. i will definetily test it out before i gut out a new 20 or 30 rounder for it.

7. silversilvia

silversilvia Guest

I will definetily try to see these 2 projects through!

8. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

As a 92FS owner I know that Berettas magazines are thinner than Steyrs mags... anyways let us know how it will work out.

9. penguin

penguin Guest

The 180 also came with a CA18 (1.8 ltr turbo). /threadhijack...lol