Ok...just got my first Steyr M9-A1 today (pics)

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by spartan117, Oct 18, 2007.

1. spartan117

spartan117 Guest

Ok I picked up my Steyr M9-A1 this afternoon from a local SteyrClub member. The date code is: GOM (July 2005 ?)He claimed only 200 rounds have been thru the gun. If he had not told me I would have figured less if the barrel is a good indicator. The gun looks like new. This gentleman obviously takes care of his stuff. No wear or scuffs on the frame or slide. Came with everything in the case...even a blank warranty card. Just fantastic condition!

Today was the first time I ever put a Steyr pistol in my hands and I have to say I like the feel of it quite a bit. I am also impressed with the overall design and build quality of this firearm. If it shoots half as good as it looks then I have a winner here.

I also got in the deal not one, not two, but three new holsters specifically made for this pistol. It came with two Desantis holsters and a FIST holster that is just awesome. I really have no complaints and it was $$$ well spent. I hope to go shoot this weekend. He also included a 100 rounds of WWB range ammo just because he wanted to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to say thanks to all of you for the great info on this site and for the responses to my earlier questions!

2. jhoff8487

jhoff8487 New Member

You will absolutely love how it shoots. This is by far the best gun I've ever shot and quickly became my carry gun. The DeSantis holsters aren't bad for the 17 dollars I think most people payed for them. I've got a K&D 'Dakota Defender' on order and I can't wait to have an actual good holster to carry it with. Congrats on the new firearm...always exciting!

3. steyrile

steyrile Member

Wow, especially nice score with the holsters included.
    Hope you get as much enjoyment out of your Steyr as I have mine.

Is your operators manual Spanish only or bi-lingual? Curious...

Health, Peace
    steyrile

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

That FIST is great, but don't wear it without the gun in it, it will collapse.

Good score, now put some nights on it :eek:

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Nice, it came with the Syntax360 grip. That is the best available grip sock.

6. spartan117

spartan117 Guest

Where can I buy that grip should I want another?

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

8. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Hey! I didn't know there was another source. Cool. Less hassle for syntax, he was being a good guy about helping out Steyroids.

10. monsteyr

monsteyr Guest

BTW, you can use windex like the grip packaging says, or boil it like I've seen here. I used some lube 'n' glue I had left over from doing my bike handgrips, and while I wouldn't say it was easy, it did go on without a hitch. Have to wait a couple days for it to fully dry though, if that's a concern. Although I don't actualy know how easy it will be to remove from the polymer grip if I want to go back to stock :D

11. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

A popsicle stick or tongue depressor to pry the edges on works wonders. Much better than using a screw driver, spoon handle or knife blade :shock: .

12. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

boil it it will go right on :wink:

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Hairspray! Squirt the inside, slide it on with a wiggle and waggle, insert cuss words as necessary to lubricate! :mrgreen: