Steyr Club Forums banner
241 - 260 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well its a common problem with these guns. My new one does that its supposed to smooth out with a break in period and use 124grn or above ammo. They do not like 115grn or ammo on the ligher side if the problem continues id send it back to steyr. You send before everything was fine now your reporting erratic ejection so i was just going off what you said
Thanks, SurfGent........This is a M40-A1, so no 115grn bullets. There was only a couple that went straight back (that I'm aware of), and one hit the top of my head, the other went over my head. 99.9% eject to 4 or 5 o'clock. Most of the initial test run was with my reloads, with only one magazine full of factory ammo.....about 75rds total. If this is the worst it gets, I'm not too worried about it, but still, it would be nice to know if this pistol has the new extractor. If the cost isn't too much, I still may get the new extractor anyway. I emailed Steyr, and got a return email stating that the email was received, but no response from them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
how about i get us back on topic with some pics of my smoke grey cerakote finished L9-A1. i am really happy with how this one came out. i wanted something a little different than the battle worn finish that is so popular now. i wanted to do something similar, but not quite. i call this finish, Second Hand Smoke. i did my HK in the same finish, only in tan and black.

liontribe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Strictly utilitarian. Used M40a1 with 4 magazines $299, transfer to my FFL $25, Kydex holster $25, spare mag carrier $20. It's now in the rotation. I have plenty of 9mm's, and wouldn't have bought a Steyr in anything but the 40s&w, since that's what it was designed around. Really enjoy shooting this pistol.....the ergos are outstanding.
Bag Grey Luggage and bags Tool Everyday carry
White Air gun Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
74 Posts
The delivery arrived perfectly packed and super fast in Austria!
Ben's service is also great! I still had a question about the installation and got a very fast and detailed answer by e-mail. Many other companies can take an example!
I ordered the SRG70 Grip Enhancements for my Steyr L9-A1 and they fit perfectly and feel absolutely great! The pistol is now even easier to hold and control!
The whole installation including preparation and cleaning of the pistol took at most half an hour and was absolutely hassel-free thanks to the detailed installation manual!
From my side a very clear purchase recommendation, for all those who want to get more out of their polymer frame gun!
And with the price and the service the Grip Enhancements from Sand Paper Pistol Grips are definitely unbeatable in my opinion!

241 - 260 of 319 Posts