Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I thought it would be neat to see how many walks of life steyr represents so I wanted to take a poll on our members occupations. Sorry if this is too forward but we all have choosen steyr so I figure we all enjoy the finer things in life

I'll go first
8 years of schooling in history to become.....
A Bartender

·
Registered
505 Posts
Guys I thought it would be neat to see how many walks of life steyr represents so I wanted to take a poll on our members occupations. Sorry if this is too forward but we all have choosen steyr so I figure we all enjoy the finer things in life

I'll go first
8 years of schooling in history to become.....
A Bartender
8 years of college? Where?

6 years of college (Texas), I lean towards learning new skillsets.

Have been in the alcohol industry/mixology. Bartenders earn a lot of money. And it is untrackable cash... I wouldn't mind bartending as a part-time job. I used to sell alcohol for the big company, but my mom didn't like it. I respect my mom, a lot.

Just left a job of teaching kids about nature and taking them on outdoor sporting adventures, kayaking, mountain biking, caving, etc. Best job in the world. But I could not afford to pay rent because it was under the city.

Seeking a new job.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Read my signature. =)

I just realized it doesn't say anymore.

It says Sheep Leader now.

I"m a Professional Sheep Shearer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Studied Sociology w/ Justmanufacturing, sales, technical service, contract analysis, customer service trainer all while being an Engineer and trainer in the Army.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did 20 yrs in the Navy, then retired and finished my electrical engineering degree.

Worked for 5 years in private industry designing power supplies, test sets and converting bench tests to ATE. Now back working for the Navy developing the next generation of ship self-defense weapons.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Went to u of f studied anthropology, didn't help me at all in my business.....except on understanding why people do what they do a little bit.

Own a mechanical company we do hvac work and on the side I own some industrial property and lease it, and do residential structure bers/hers energy ratings....more for fun since they pay squat. Always looking to scrape a few more bucks in an honest way. So I do odd jobs and such as well, when they pop up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Factory schmuck stacking bags on pallets. Studied engineering for 2 years, and I'm thinking about going back this fall.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
MS in Solid State Physics from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - after a "checkered" career working for Burroughs, TI, Compaq, HP, DEC, 3 small startups (two of them mine), I'm currently starting a new company focused on storage interconnections for super computers. We are looking for intelligent, knowledgable people who can apply what they know to solving customer problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I'm a 29 year old father of 2 (2yr old girl 8yr old boy) I am a journeyman carpenter... I run my own framing company here in Saskatoon Canada. We build residential housing in the fastest growing city in Canada so business has been good!! Plus I put my time in on the oil patch in Alberta Canada when I was young and single...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Degree in Religious Studies from The Ohio State University.....working for an NPR affiliate public radio station....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
EMT basic for yellow ambulance out of Louisville, KY but i'm certified to work Indiana as well
FFL, KY certified CCDW instructor
Louisville director for the Kentucky Great Dane Rescue

sorry for my SLOW responses lately to PM's as you can imagine guys, i've been busy!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Retired Navy Spec Ops/Intel.

Today? 911 dispatcher.

·
Registered
47 Posts
BS in Neuroscience so I had no choice but to make the worse financial decision of my life... I went to medical school.... Now I have 517 days until Residency graduation... Did ER. now I get to pay off my loans and pay "my fair share"

·
Registered
230 Posts
MS in Solid State Physics from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - after a "checkered" career working for Burroughs, TI, Compaq, HP, DEC, 3 small startups (two of them mine), I'm currently starting a new company focused on storage interconnections for super computers. We are looking for intelligent, knowledgable people who can apply what they know to solving customer problems.
Hmmmm...

:rubschinthoughtfully: :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
EMT basic for yellow ambulance out of Louisville, KY but i'm certified to work Indiana as well
FFL, KY certified CCDW instructor
Louisville director for the Kentucky Great Dane Rescue

sorry for my SLOW responses lately to PM's as you can imagine guys, i've been busy!!!
Justin, I sent you an email a while back. I can imagine you are busy with the EMT gig, but are you still doing the FFL stuff?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i'm busy on both counts, Louisville has seen a mean increase in Heroine now that the pain killer Opana is so hard to get a hold of. heroine is actually CHEAPER... i know, right? that and the craziness going on with guns, i cant keep my shelves full, i'm OUT OF STOCK, on most everything. CCDW class sizes and frequency have exploded... i'm taking a well deserved vacation gatlinburg this weekend. work be damned!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
i'm busy on both counts, Louisville has seen a mean increase in Heroine now that the pain killer Opana is so hard to get a hold of. heroine is actually CHEAPER... i know, right? that and the craziness going on with guns, i cant keep my shelves full, i'm OUT OF STOCK, on most everything. CCDW class sizes and frequency have exploded... i'm taking a well deserved vacation gatlinburg this weekend. work be damned!!!
Guns gone, no surprise there....heroine....very surprising. I figured everything was all meth and prescription pills now a days. Shows how far away I am from drug addicts and culture. I got allot of respect for you saving people from their own doing. Thanks for the drug scene info. Very interesting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My background is in IT. I started out in support and worked my way up to a systems engineer over the last 12 years. I'm finishing up my BS in MIS in March. Currently my title is IT Site manger (really I'm a IT director)at a non-profit which means I make the big bucks.... I'm kidding, but at least I go home at night knowing my company helped people who really needed it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts