Obama No-No

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Nov 13, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hmmmmm.....

2. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Do I even have to?

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3759803

Watch for yourself, we must have a new singing pledge of some sort. :roll:

What sort of terrible person comes up with these things, someone along the line consciously lied to make this real, very shameful and un-American of them. :evil:

Cheers!

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Thank You for helping me authenticate this.....

So, it was the national anthem, not the pledge.....

...EVERYONE else had their hands over their hearts, but hey, this IS a free country....

...right?

:wink: :wink:

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

We get the government we deserve.

5. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I fear you are right :evil:

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Speaking for the 'sheeple', are we?

:wink: :wink:

We don't ALL get the government we deserve.....

8) 8)

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

It pains me to say this, but as much of a disaster as Hillary would be as President, I fear Barack Hussein Obama-sama would be an even greater disaster for our country. He is sure plowing new ground, a presidential candidate who takes off his U.S. flag pin deliberately and then brags about it and refuses to honor our National Anthem. I'm not sure what his point is, other than the one on the tip-top of his pointy little head. God help us.

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"We don't ALL get the government we deserve..... "

I'm afraid the people on the top deck of the Titanic got the same ship the people in steerage got.

9. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

I fail to see how this is a problem still, he is standing and being respectful of the flag and the Anthem. He's even singing along if you watch a video. All that is required during the National Anthem is that you show respect. Do you place your hand over your heart when a lady enters the room? No, you stand up and take your hat off as a sign of respect. Same deal.

1942 Code:
    http://www.menc.org/guides/patriotic/reprise.pdf

If you want to get really nitty about it, they are all wrong as none of them are facing towards the US flag.
    -----------

Life must be simple when you can rule out a candidate solely off of their name sounding funny and fear-mongering mass e-mails. Deductive reasoning takes longer but is usually more worthwhile.

Obama really needs to give a straight answer to the gun control question, the only reason I'm withholding voting for him in the primaries is his lack of support for gun rights historically and his non-committal, but certainly centering opinion on gun rights since then. *sigh* no front runner for me this year, guess I'm stuck voting for Richardson. :(

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Obama has repeatedly showed the exact opposite as you claim for the US Flag.

AND, when in Rome, he should do as the Romans do.....

Really? Are you sure there were NO OTHER US flags in view BEHIND the camera?

Everyone on stage seems to be looking in the direction of a fixed point behind the camera to me.....

11. Hate to say it Edwards was facing the flag when the camera panned over.

12. m00t

m00t New Member

I would have personally had a hard time not holding my hands over my ears during that monstrous rendition of the star spangled banner. What little I saw of that "performance" was so bad it made my nose start bleeding...

xD

13. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Repeatedly? I think you would be hard pressed to find any instance of Obama actually disrespecting the United States flag, he is a Senator of the U.S. Congress for crying out loud! The better analogy would be "When in Sea World, do as the seals do", as you can train them to do that during the National Anthem too.

So all in all, Barack Obama is not a marine mammal and he knows proper Roman procedure during the Roman national anthem; despite what the seals think.

And yes that was quite possibly the worst rendition of our National Anthem that I have ever heard. Francis Scott Key probably spinned in his grave.